5 months and just discovered this app

Hi my name is Jenny and I am a addict and alcoholic. I downloaded this app about 2 weeks ago. I have 5 months clean and sober this time. This time seems different to me. I truly want this life. I got clean and sober the last time for everyone else but myself. To get my children back and to get my mom and dad’s approval again. This time I didn’t go to jail, no court ordered for meetings…this time my 32 yr old son said to me "Mom I think you need to go back to meetings. " I looked at him and my grandsons and thought, what the hell am I doing? I don’t want to lose my grandbabies. So I went to a meeting on September 8th and have not looked back. I am active with my home group, I have made new sober friends and I am loving it. The only thing is that my emotions are all over the place right now. I can’t even share at a meeting without crying! I know that things qill level out, but it’s just not fast enou%h for me! LOL. Thanks for listening and I plan to check in everyday! I like Journaling and have been doing it everyday since I downloaded this app.
Have a good night everyone!

22 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Welcome Jenny! Bout damn time you got here…kidding aside, so glad you’re here.

1 Like

Welcome Jenny. I’m so glad you found us!! Things will settle down emotionally with time, just hang out here with us and we’ll figure this out together. God bless you and your family :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome Jenny! I’m a grandparent as well so I get it.

1 Like

Welcome and congratulations on your 5 months of your new life Jenny. This is a great time and place for you to find extra support. Lots of great people here just trying to get through ODAAT.
There’s 2 great threads I love to use.

I start all my mornings with gratitude and many times I got tears in my eyes. My emotions get me all the time. Without gratitude I got nothing. Great bunch of people on there. And the coffee’s all on.

And there’s a great daily checkin thread to get and give support. And just to be accountable if that’s all you want to do.
https://talkingsober.com/t/checking-in-daily-to-maintain-focus-39/136605/1644
Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable.
I’m glad you found us.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Welcome to TS!!!

1 Like

Great to see you here, thanks for sharing. Good work getting to 5months clean/sober. It may take some time to level out, its worth it. Crying can be very beneficial for us in recovery sometimes i still get teared up just amazed with my progress and to feel the transformation ive gone through. Its great to actually be able to feel, and to be alive.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:wave:t2: Welcome Jenny! Congratulations on your 5 months! Keep adding days!

1 Like

Welcome to TS, Jenny! I’m so glad you found us. Sounds like you have a good son and grand babies to boot! Finding a sober community is wonderful.

1 Like

Welcome and congratulations on five months!!!

1 Like

Thank you all for the kind words!

1 Like