A new journey begins.. Day 1

Hello all, I am new to the app. I finally woke up this morning and decided that I don’t want to have alcohol in my life anymore. I want to have a healthy and full life. Any tips and/or recommendations are very encouraged.

Thank you.

22 Likes

I read a lot of the posts when I first got here and started checking in daily on the daily check in thread. Welcome, there are wonderful people here that will always be here when you need support! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

This is awesome! Thank you so much, seriously. I downloaded this app with lots of hope in overcoming this addiction. An I have lots hope that it will, especially with all the amazing people here. I am comfortable knowing I’m not alone.

3 Likes

Welcome!! It’s a good place here :blush: you will gain some great perspective from the people here

2 Likes

Welcome Christina! This forum is loaded with great advice from some amazing people. We’re all just a bunch of alcoholics and addicts helping each other get through each day without picking up. Here’s a good thread to get you started:

4 Likes

Hi Christina, you came to the right place. Welcome :pray:
What has helped me was being here a lot. The first year of my recovery I was here every day.
First 3 months where hard to overcome for me. I was irritated, angry sometimes, bored, bad sleep, cravings, tired, etc. But when you focus on the moment and don’t look forward too much it’s doable.
One day at a time leeds to a long stretch of days.
Almost 3 years sober with the help of this app.
Go get that sober life!!

6 Likes

So true. We’ve all been there.

4 Likes

Everyday is a new beginning, welcome to the forum! Your not alone in your recovery were all here together living one day at a time, take it ez and keep it simple alot of people here to help, dont be afraid to ask :grinning: your not alone

1 Like

Hi, welcome! Well done on taking the first step. I wish you all the best, welcome to the family :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

This is amazing! So everything I’m feeling is totally normal I take it. I’m still learning how to keep myself busy after work hours of course.

I am beyond excited that I came to the right place. I’m loving all of the support here!

Thank you, and congratulations on your 3 years!

4 Likes

This is so true! Lisa has helped me on many occasions! Even when I failed, she was there! Her and @SassyRocks! Thanks ladies!!!

4 Likes

My journey always new happing

1 Like

Honestly acceptance is a huge factor in it, accepting you have a problem but that problem doesn’t define who you are. I would recommend getting rid of anything you have cause you don’t need it, be prepared that it’s not easy and that’s okay cause it gets easier and you are capable of doing this for yourself.

I honestly had enough one day and just left it behind, didn’t need any more motivation than the years of deceiving myself to motivate me to not be that person anymore. That’s what worked for me

2 Likes

Congratulations Christina, and I wish you the best. Take it day by day, find meetings, and get yourself a sponsor. The Big Book is a great read, as is Refuge Recovery. This is a great forum with caring people - lean on it when things are rough, as they likely will be as you blaze this new path.

2 Likes

Same here. Made this decision this morning.

1 Like

As did I. I’m only 3 hours in, am sweating and extreme anxiety. I honestly just want to make it through one full day at this point. I don’t remember the last time I had a sober day… maybe a month ago? Any tips for the anxiety? I do have some klonopin for panic attacks so I’m going to take one now

There are some great meditations on YouTube for sobriety. I listened to one this morning. If you can’t handle something like that just yet maybe do some deep breathing? I deep breath in for 12 counts and out for 12. I repeat 5 times.