A Random Fact About Yourself - Just For Fun! šŸ˜„šŸŽ‰

I still sleep with my favourite stuffed animal too (itĀ“s a little lion IĀ“ve had since I was 4), IĀ“m 28 and I donĀ“t plan on ever kicking him out of my bed :smile:

2 Likes

I was attacked by beeā€™s/wasps twice in my life, when I was little and living in a rural part of Hawaii and when I was a teenager walking home from school in Washington state. Iā€™ve been stung over 100 times.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had brain surgery.

Long story short: Summer of '92, a friend was swinging tent stakes around on bungee cordsā€¦he let one go, it hit me just above my right temple, it stuck in my head (just like in the cartoons)ā€¦sent a chip of my skull, the size of a quarter, into my brain. Worst summer break ever.

5 Likes

This is fun! Random facts about me:

If possible I always choose to sit on the floor instead of a chair.

Several friends told me that they watched closely if I was still breathing when sleeping in the same room/bed with me because apparently I donĀ“t move once IĀ“m asleep.

1 Like

I second thisšŸ˜„

1 Like

Iā€™m absolutely terriified of bees and wasps.

My step dad is a magician and I used to be his assistant.

Hippos are my favorite animal.

Thatā€™s all I can think of when itā€™s so early :joy:

1 Like

Either you run the day or the day runs you

I feel like I got stung so many times so others wouldnā€™t be :crazy_face: also thankfully not allergic

2 Likes

As a mischievous young lad, I once bombed cars with fish.

1 Like

Ouch! Glad you survived. Any noticeable lingering effects? The reason I ask is I counsel a guy at my church who served in Iraq, and has a TBI, and it has effected him greatly.

2 Likes

Goosebumps galore! Love it!

2 Likes

When I say ā€œthere but for the grace of God go Iā€, I mean it. 1000 feet to the ocean with helmet and body armor on, that would have been a done deal.

In high school I lettered in Math Team. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Wow, chills for sure. Happy you are here :hibiscus:

None at allā€¦that Iā€™m aware ofā€¦maybe thereā€™s something deep down that hasnā€™t came to all these years later. The doctorā€™s were amazed that it wasnā€™t more traumatic.

Now, following the incident, my mom told me I needed to go to an eye doctor because I said my site would get blurry, and she said my speech was a little slurred for a while. I donā€™t recall any of thisā€¦but hey, who knows.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a coin collector, Iā€™m still afraid of the dark at 21. I donā€™t know why but I hate odd numbers.

Snakes, sharks, spiders, lions and rats donā€™t scare me but roaches do (my friends find that funnyšŸ˜‚)

My friends also find the fact that Iā€™m a tall girl with tiny hands and feetā€¦strange :joy:

2 Likes

I do remember I kept ā€œwaking upā€ during surgery. For all I know, I was never really ā€œoutā€. I remember everything up to the moment it happened, everything went black, then being loaded into the ambulance, what shirt I was wearing, and being really bummed that it had blood all over it, and was cut open.

Funny side story: the shirt was from Camp Moneto, a church camp I had to go to. I got kicked out within a week for gambling and cussing. Folks were less than thrilled.

1 Like

Thatā€™s amazing @Yoda-Stevie, and something similar happened to me. I was walking to Farringdon via St. Paulā€™s Cathederal around 15 years ago. It was morning rush hour and I was waiting at the kerb, with scores of other people. The lights changed and I started to walk into the road. ā€˜Somethingā€™ firmly held me back just as a bus rapidly turned the corner. Iā€™d forgot that it was an odd junction with one extra set of lights. As the bus passed, my fellow pedestrians all started to cross. I stood there as they all made their way over the road, no-one acknowledging what had just happened. Iā€™ll never know, but that ā€˜Somethingā€™ decided it wasnā€™t my time that morning.

1 Like

I have done standup twice at Zanies in the Chicago area. Also have written material for a radio show.

7 Likes

ā€œGraceā€. Thatā€™s the only explanation. All others fail in situations like this.

2 Likes