A WHOLE YEAR SOBER - I finally did it šŸ„³

Amazing! Thanks for sharing your story.

2 Likes

Well done your proof that do the right thing and the right stuff happens well done buddy

3 Likes

So so proud of you, my friend. Youā€™ve come a long way 2ā€‹:sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

3 Likes

Great story and great job on a tremendous milestone.

2 Likes

Well done mate, really pleased for you. :+1:

3 Likes

You just told my story as well as probably almost everyoneā€™s story that has reached the stages of non functioning alcoholics. Twerk a few details and itā€™s a spot on honest assessment of the deterioration of our will and want into need and addiction. When drinking has lost all its enjoyment and everything is about lies and bullshit itā€™s time to get help. Thanks for sharing and congratulations. I am only on day 20 (Which I have only succeeded to do 1 other time - 1 year ago exactly). Many years of trial and error, desperate attemps with no hope of success led me right back to the bottle every time. Self loathing, suicidal thoughts, anger, violence, in other words complete and utter hell. I have learned the hard way that I can not and will not try to moderate my amount of drinking. 100% total abstinence is my salvation. I look forward to everyday now and I have a totally new outlook on my ability to succeed. I am determined to find out who I really am. To give back to my community and be a truly honest and caring citizen instead of a shallow, sad recluse. Thanks for the inspiration.

3 Likes

Congratulations on your one year! Awesome! Life is so much better on this side.
Hugs

2 Likes

I love this. Congratulations on one year!

2 Likes

So very happy for you Darren!! Your incredibly hard work has not gone unnoticed!! I am so glad you are sober and part of TS. I hope your day is fabulous!! :heart::heart:

Super huge congratulations on your year!! I know how hard it is to imagine being sober that long in the beginningā€¦and look at you now!! :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Youā€™ve come so far! I was waiting for your 1 year post and really appreciate you sharingā€¦You are truly an amazing example that sobriety is possible. Thanks again Darren and congratulations!

2 Likes

Congratulations :tada: so amazing!!

1 Like

This is why I love this forum. What a great, honest insight into life with and life without alcohol. Congratulations on getting to 1 year. Huge achievement mate. All the best.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your story.
I struggle with romanticizing alcohol on a weekly basis. I have been trying to quit for almost 2 years now and tend to cave after about 4 weeks because a couple beers wonā€™t hurt while Iā€™m sitting outside enjoying this awesome weatherā€¦ All of the sudden itā€™s two or three days later and I have went on another bender.
My longest streak was a month ago at 52 days. After that I downloaded this App and have been trying to get into the habit of looking at posts when I have cravings.
Like right now. Itā€™s the perfect Summer Saturday evening (Germany) and I would love to enjoy a few on our pretty terrace. But then I asked myself why? Why do I forget how terrible it makes me feel?

3 Likes

Woo hoo!! Awesome sauce!! You rock!!
:partying_face: :tada: :metal:

1 Like

What an amazing story. And thank you so much for sharing. Your going to be an inspiration to so many people out there suffering from alchoholism. Your story will touch so many. Iā€™m very proud of you. Keep your sober journey up my friend. I am so excited as well, in just 57 days i will be sharing my 1 year sober story as well. So exciting. Take care,

2 Likes

Keep it for reference. This way you can always look back from time to time on how much youā€™ve grown from this journey.

2 Likes

Congratulations! This is really amazing and inspiring. Thanks for sharing! Best wishes for your journey!

1 Like

Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your story. Very inspirational!!
dede0ec73422ab8f2a1a51ecb07d7c8e0e4b834894c8ab2e103420a013aea2af.0

1 Like

Congrats :man_dancing:t4::dizzy::man_dancing:t4::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

this is brilliant!!! iā€™m so fkn happy for you and the life youā€™ve led in recovery!!! :sparkling_heart::pray::partying_face:

1 Like