Action for Happiness - Active April

The morning dance set me up with some pretty good energy levels yesterday. Went leafleting with the local political party I’m a member of and walked the 2.5 miles to the meeting place. It’s a journey I often make by car and it was so nice to be moving and take in things I usually miss. For example these daffodils on the roadside, don’t think I’ve seen ones like this before.

3 Likes

DAY 6

Go exploring around your local area and notice new things

3 Likes

Okey dokey, tucks notebook and pen into pocket, quickly suppressed the idea of playing Sherlock Holmes for the day and commits herself to the task in hand :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Haha doesn’t sound like you have much choice!! :joy:

1 Like

What did you guys (@siand and @Bootz) notice yesterday? What is our task for today?

1 Like

Oops will look at the calendar now!

Yesterday I noticed so many signs of spring. The leaves and buds starting to appear on the trees and the blossom. On walking a route I often drive I noticed the fields of rapeseed and it smelled gorgeous, really floral. And I saw lots of little lambs! :heart_eyes:

Something else I noticed, which is a sad thing, is the number of addicts in my local city. I volunteer with a soup kitchen and I’m on the outreach team, going out with tea and coffee. It is frustrating that people won’t come in to where we give food because they feel like they need to stay out to get money for their fix. But I hope a cheerful face, a kind word and the reminder that help is there when they are ready for it is better than nothing.

2 Likes

DAY 7

Get outside and plant a tree, some flowers or some seeds.

I am going on a big walk this morning but my garden is in need of attention and I have some wildflower seeds to plant so I will try and do that this afternoon! :blossom:

1 Like

I am also walking today. I don’t have a garden though :thinking:. Perhaps I shall re-pot some plants that are overdue it!

2 Likes

DAY 8

Get natural light early in the day. Turn off lights in the evening.

2 Likes

Got this one covered! I can no longer sleep in cuz’ they trimmed down the trees behind my building that blocked the morning sun.

It’s kind of nice, actually. Used to wake up by the sun in my old place. :blush:

1 Like

Okey dokey :grin:. I always sleep with the blinds up and get out early with my dogs so I have this nailed. Not sure about stumbling about in the dark tonight though @siand :joy:

1 Like

Haha yea I turned the lights on about 20:15 because I needed to do the washing up, which included some sharp knives!

@Eke waking up with the sun is awesome. As long as you get to bed at the right time! Listening to the birds in the morning is one of my favourite things. I would like to work on my bird ID actually as I have no idea what’s out there :bird:

2 Likes

DAY 9

Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels.

1 Like

Hmmm - interesting one! :woman_in_lotus_position:

I didn’t actually do this properly yesterday but I did kind of run through it before I went to bed. I basically just feel achey from my walk on Sunday :joy:

1 Like

DAY 10

Join a club or activity that you’ll actually enjoy.

I’m already involved in a few things. I do a belly dance class on Tuesdays (although it was cancelled last night, which my aching bones appreciated) and I’ve got quite a lot of events and workshops coming up at weekends over the summer. I volunteer for the outreach team of a soup kitchen on Saturdays. I haven’t been to yoga class for a while as they changed the time, I’d like to try and get back to that though as I have fallen out of the habit of doing yoga at home and my fitness has suffered for it.

There’s a couple of groups I’d like to join (local allotments and a woodland maintenance group) but before I start anything new I have to pick my MSc up again and finally get that done!

1 Like

Me neither @siand :joy:. I did the same - did a quick once over before I feel asleep!

1 Like

Holy shit you are involved in a lot of great stuff already! Joining a club is not for me - I am not terribly social as a person though I do volunteer so I can check this off, can I? Or should it be additive - should I be doing something more?

I’ve stopped cooking for the soup kitchen for now as I was getting super stressed about it. But when I did, I always cooked veggie packed meals. Everyone wants meat and grease but I think they appreciated the vitamins really… :joy:

@Peace12 the important bit is things that you actually enjoy. I’m using things I already do to tick this off because if I add something else on to my plate now I know it will not be good for me. If you really want to add something though then why not join me on the Hiking Club thread :laughing:

And if all else fails there’s always the clean plate club, which is one I can absolutely get behind, even if it doesn’t quite fit with the goals of this thread :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Oh that’s a brilliant idea! I adore walking and average 5 miles a day with my dogs.

2 Likes