Action for Happiness - Active April

DAY 11

Eat only healthy and natural good, drink lots of water.

I had a complete overload on biscuits at work yesterday so today I commit to no snacking! For breakfast I have porridge with berries, a salad with an egg for lunch, then don’t know for dinner… Maybe some cheese after. Should be at least 8 portions of fruit and veg in total though.

I always drink plenty of tea, but not water. I have been having a glass of water when I wake up. I am going to a meeting this morning and will ask for water instead of tea. And I will have a glass of water with my dinner.

Edit: Got my shit together and did yoga this morning. Am a beacon of health and vitality :person_in_lotus_position: :sparkles: :joy:

3 Likes

This one looks great @siand - I’m a healthy eater mostly so I should nail this one. Can herbal tea count as water? :wink:

3 Likes

I basically eat healthy but then biscuits… :joy:

4 Likes

That’s what I call a balanced diet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Bought myself a Fitbit (should arrive today) to celebrate my first 100 days (everything after three days was a first for me :see_no_evil: but 100 feels awesome). It will be useful for my training for the hike challenge. I’m really enjoying this thread @siand - thanks for starting it!

3 Likes

Triple digits is definitely worth celebrating! :raised_hands::tada::woman_cartwheeling::dancing_women:‍♀ And a Fitbit seems like a great way to spend some of that sober money.

I tend to walk 2 - 4 miles on work days depending on what time I get home (we have a dog walker come in through the day). Now it’s getting lighter I will try to make it 4 more often. The more the merrier on the hiking club :grin:

My plans to drink water didn’t really go to plan. I forgot I had booked my meeting this morning in my favourite cafe (incredible loose leaf tea selection!). But I did have a glass of water this morning and had a bottle of soda stream water this evening. Plus lots of tea. Food wise, my Mum came round for dinner and bought chocolate chip cookies which I resisted. Did eat rather a lot of cheese though.

3 Likes

I was pretty lousy at the water drinking too @siand - lots of tea - normal and herbal. Ate healthy though. Right - now I’ve got my Fitbit on (which I am not obsessed with at all :wink:) what am I doing today :grin::woman_cartwheeling:?

1 Like

DAY 12

Choose to walk or cycle instead of going by car or bus.

I have been doing this as much as possible anyway, will go for a car free day today! Although to be honest I don’t have much planned where I would need to take the car. I will try for a car free weekend!

Had a bit of a lie in this morning @Peace12 but there you go, let us know how many steps you clock up today!

2 Likes

I just ordered some nice tea from Brew Tea, including a tea pot for loose leaf. English Breakfast, Lemon and Ginger and Fruit Punch. Yum!

1 Like

I will!! :grin:. I can also tell you in kilometres and should you wish a breakdown of my sleep last night, I can oblige :rofl:!

1 Like

Yum… I think I’ll check it out! Great tip!

1 Like

If you are ever heading through Liverpool or Manchester there is a cafe (one in each place!) Called Leaf which does the most fabulous selection of loose leaf tea. That’s where my meeting was.

Once I’ve made a bit more of a dent in the Brew Tea I’ve got, I’m going to try a tea subscription box. Looking at Suki Tea at the moment but need to investigate and see what other options are available.

2 Likes

So yesterday I did use my car. I forgot I had a food order to go and collect which had about 50 tins in (a few people chip in for bulk orders from a wholesaler). I was trying to work out if it could all fit in a suitcase and whether I would be able to get I back up the hill… Anyway it all got a bit stressful so I decided to just drive. Turns out not all of the order turned up so I would have been able to walk it… But I still did over 19,000 steps yesterday so it wasn’t a lazy day!

I will also have to drive tomorrow as I have a belly dance workshop which I am taking someone else too. And it’s about 22 miles away which I’m not quite ready for yet. But got one today in the next village along which I will walk to.

2 Likes

DAY 13

Turn your housework or chores into a good form of exercise.

Well my house is a mess so I should be able to manage this :joy:

3 Likes

A belly dance group? How exciting. How did it go? Well done on your 19k steps, I did a little over 20k so we both can tick off yesterday’s target :heavy_check_mark::star_struck:.

I do have housework to do but turning it into a form of exercise, :thinking: yes, I can see how that will work though it reminds me of being a kid and being made to do something I didn’t want to, and my Mum saying, it will be fun, we can make it fun, when really it was still the thing I didn’t want to do!!! :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Yea I have been doing belly dancing for about 6 years, it’s awesome. We have weekly classes, I help teach sometimes, and then I go to workshops and there are also events called haflas where groups all get together for a dance party :dancing_women:‍♀

I also hate housework. Which is why my house is messy :laughing: I will put some music on and do half an hour this morning after breakfast.

1 Like

I did no housework yesterday… But over 19k steps again yesterday so still being active. Would much rather be getting outside in the sunshine :sun_with_face:

Will have to do a bit of housework today though as my partner is off work for the next couple of weeks and I don’t want him to end up doing it all. Well I kind of do want him too :face_with_hand_over_mouth: but feel like that wouldn’t be fair so I should probably do some.

1 Like

DAY 14 two weeks!

Have a day free from TV or screens and get moving instead.

Well I have already failed at this one. I will give myself some time to browse TS this morning with a cup of tea and will check in again later. And try and resist looking at it in between :grin: I do use my phone far too much.

1 Like

I did ALL my housework - and racked up 12 miles and 27,000 steps but unfortunately didn’t get a whole of work done. Loving this Active April thread. Thanks for starting this. It’s doing wonders for my balance in life (I’m an actual workaholic and struggle with this). We’ll need a Mayhem May or something :joy:.

1 Like

Ah, me too then. I’ll join in you in committing to less screen time - thanks for the compromise :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, the dogs must be wracked with guilt watching you clean @Bootz, mine are the same :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like