Action for Happiness - Active April

DAY 24

Spend less time sitting today - get up and move more!

This is good for me as I’m back to work today after am extended long weekend. My first step will be getting out of bed… Although I am going to be making a cup of tea and sitting down again :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I will do some star jumps or something while the kettle boils!

2 Likes

Ooh this is easy! My Fitbit yells st me to move every hour. I have a mental picture of your star jumping while making tea :joy:. Health and safety starts at home @siand!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Lady found it all Avery confusing :joy: And @Bootz I think you’re probably ok sitting on a horse!

1 Like

DAY 25

Get out into nature. Feed the birds or go wildlife spotting.

1 Like

Hmmm - I am in the city most of the day today - can the wildlife be human? :joy:

1 Like

I didn’t do this yesterday… But I am going to make up for it this weekend for the City Nature Challenge. If you download an app called iNaturalist it has a missions section with wildlife you can find and log. Can also help ID things you’re not sure of and also helps provide biodiversity data for future research!

1 Like

Me neither :confounded:. Your app sounds interesting though.

1 Like

DAY 26

Recharge yourself. Avoid tech for 2hours before bedtime.

This sounds nice although I don’t know how it will work for me. I use my phone to put a podcast on which sends me to sleep. I will try and go to sleep without it!

2 Likes

Yikes. Does that include TV do you think @siand?

Hmm I suppose it probably does :confounded:

Oh dear. Can’t see that happening :tired_face:

I completely failed at this! I went out with work, ended up staying later than planned and was on here on my train journey home then went straight to bed. Put my radio show on my phone too to help me sleep. Oops!

DAY 27
Do something active and fun like air guitar or a silly walk :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@siand, my friend, I didn’t even attempt it!! Got in from looking after the grandchildren (8:30 ish) then watched TV until bed. I turned my iPhone screen light to low though :rofl:

Okey dokey :crazy_face::flushed:. It’s a low key one today!!

Wakey Wakey @siand my friend! :joy:. We still have a few more active April days to bounce through! I’ll miss you when May comes!!! :confounded:

1 Like

I was out with friends last night so had a late one (did my silly walk through the bar :laughing:), didn’t get to bed until midnight. Two days running, I’m awake but only temporarily, haha I think a little more snoozing is in order.

I don’t know what the Action for Happiness calendar will be for May but I will set up a new thread for it. And there is the working on working out thread which I might join because that is something I need to work on! And hiking club of course :heart:

2 Likes

DAY 28

Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbour.

I will think about this more when I have caught up on some sleep :sleeping:

2 Likes

DAY 29

Spend as much time as possible outdoors today.

1 Like

Sorry for late response!!! I was out walking :joy:. No really - walked three miles before 8am! Sadly work precludes me spending a massive amount of the day outside but I will be outside where I can. :evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree::palm_tree::seedling::herb::shamrock::four_leaf_clover::tanabata_tree::leaves::fallen_leaf::maple_leaf::mushroom::ear_of_rice::bouquet::tulip::rose::wilted_flower::hibiscus::cherry_blossom::blossom::sunflower:

1 Like