Action for Happiness - Meaningful May

Getting a PhD is amazing! I can’t seem to get round to finishing my MSc :see_no_evil:

DAY 16

Share an inspiring quote with someone who matters to you.

1 Like

Just Be. The war is over.

It reminds me to be present in the moment. This quote also reminds me that I am choosing sobriety today, instead of thinking that I can’t drink today. I got that reframe from ’ New Perspective’ this morning and I love it!

3 Likes

A very small % of people in the world have earned a PhD. Be proud of that one!!! I know in the U. S. , It’s less than 2% of the population.

1 Like

Aw thank you. That’s a nice thing to say.

Aw I didn’t do this @siand :see_no_evil:. What are we doing today? :blush:

1 Like

Me neither! Maybe I will roll it over today, although I’m not sure if I’m up for having the kind of conversation where that type of thing would come up at the moment 🤷

DAY 18

Gaze up at the stars and see we are part of something bigger.

This will mean staying up past my bedtime :joy:

3 Likes

Way past mine :rofl: - would looking out to sea count?

Cloudy A.F. here :sob:

2 Likes

I did not last long enough to do any star gazing. It is something I love to do though. I would imagine sea gazing has much the same effect!

Woke up at 4am (thanks Lady!) And although there were no stars, I did hear the first birds sing and listened as that one birdsong turned into the cacophony of the dawn chorus. It’s not quite the same feeling but it still helps me remember that I am but one small part of the world. But when we add all our small parts together it can make something much bigger, noisier and more chaotic but also something beautiful.

3 Likes

DAY 18

Connect with people who matter to you, face to face if possible

Sorry gang had a snooze after my early morning wander across the park!

I have been messaging one of my friends this morning who lives down South so won’t be seeing her face to face but I am arranging the next time I will see her. She’s getting married next year and they are just having the wedding with the two of them. I’m super bummed out that I won’t get to share her wedding day with her but I have decided that doesn’t mean I can’t be involved and support her. Where they are getting married is a bit further north from where we live so I have offered for them to stop in to see us for a pre-wedding celebration and I have asked if she wants me to come with her to try on dresses which she is up for so I’m pleased about that.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve connected with my Mum and my twin via text as they live 500 miles away but we are FaceTiming tomorrow, and I’m connecting with my grandchildren - and of course my beloveds :dog::dog:.

1 Like

Where do they live? That’s cool you have a twin. Are you identical?

DAY 19

Do something today that makes your soul sing.

I am writing this sitting here with my three little chicks having a preen and a snooze on my leg. I will take Lady for a nice walk this morning and I am going to a belly dance event this afternoon. So I’ve got lots of things planned today that make my heart happy :heart::blush:

2 Likes

In Norfolk. No we’re not identical. We started out as triplets!!

2 Likes

And I’m walking my boys :dog::dog: and hanging out with my grandchildren :star_struck::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

DAY 20

Think about how your actions make a difference in the world.

2 Likes

Hope you had a nice day! How’s the tiny one doing by the way?

I must say when you said 500 miles I immediately thought of the proclaimers :joy:

2 Likes

Ha! :rofl:. He’s doing great @siand thank you. He’s absolutely thriving :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

1 Like