Addiction with meth

My addiction is meth I hate saying but it’s hard how do I deal with it can anyone connect with me on this I’d like a sponsor or team of support

6 Likes

Hi Richard and welcome here. This is a great place for community, connection, information and resources.

What have you got planned for your first or second day sober? Is this your first attempt? What will you do to make it stick?

Here are some links to get you started:
Resources for our recovery

Checking in daily to maintain focus #53

Your #1 tip for sobriety (over 2 years sober)

Hope to read from you soon!

1 Like

I’ve struggled with many things in my life. I haven’t done meth in almost 13 years. It was very hard to let go. I was doing that from when I was 18 to almost 25.

When I quit, I let go of every single person in that realm. The person I go it from and the people I did it with. That was the only way for me to get off of it. I was dating my dealer and we even got married so I got divorced. To this day I still avoid everything to do with it, even if it’s just on tv. I hope cutting ties with that world is an option for you.
The whole app is a support team so stick around and check out the threads.
Welcome to the community!

5 Likes

Welcome Richard!
Start by changing everything in your life…people, places and things. Delete and block all numbers associated with using and yes that includes friends, not just dealers.

Getting a sponsor is quite simple. Go to NA meetings, listen to the shares and look for that person where you say to yourself “I want what they have”, then ask them to be your sponsor. If they say no, don’t get discouraged and find another. There are plenty of people out there willing to help. Once you find a sponsor, that’s where the hard work begins.

Sobriety is not easy and takes a lot of action, but it’s definitely worth it. The changes you’ll see in the first few months will be miraculous.

2 Likes

Thank you I will do that