Alcohol and DUI

I quit multiple times no program no treatment just me white knuckling it,

Guess what it always led to me going back to the bottle,

With growth comes change, with change comes growth. If I didn’t change I’d surely be dead by now

2 Likes

What is DUI? Sorry for my ignorance

1 Like

Driving under the influence

1 Like

First of all, great job at those 6 months! So you know you can do that again. However, you went back at drinking…which if a lot of us are honest…we have done. The key here is learning. What has all this taught you, how can you use it to make you stronger, what didnt work, what do you need to do.

You desrve a sober life!

3 Likes

Thank you for all your information. I need to remove anything in my life that stresses me out to help me in the long run.

1 Like

When I removed people, places, and things that impeded my sobriety…life became so much better. In the beginning, it was scary…I figured I would be bored and lonely. 1041 days later i have a great life and found a wonderful woman to share it with. Had I not changed in the beginning, i wouldnt have those things now.

I protect my sobriety, it was placed above everything else. For without my sobriety, I would have nothing.

3 Likes

I totally agree with you. And scared as you mentioned.

1 Like

Hindsight, when you get there, you will realize there was nothing to fear. That fear, is just a product of our addictions. I personified mine. I was known, in the beginning to tell it to “fuck off”. I did it once in the beer aisle at the local grocery store…I got some strange looks, but stayed sober

5 Likes

Got invited by a buddy from work to attend a AA meeting last night and I went. Made me realize the last time I quit for 6months was for the wrong reason.

6 Likes

Hey! That’s huge! AA saved my life. If nothing else, it gives you a sober network of people! Now you are growing!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for responding when you can.

1 Like

Work is slow today…lol

1 Like

Thank you!!

Don’t go back!!! I never got a DUI and I thought that would be a bottoming out thing . My case after 33 years of drinking was that I was tired of it all, the lazy weekend, the 15 and 12 y/o boys I have did not get the best self I could give them, I regret a lot, A LOT! But I am much happier and my boys are proud of me for 6 months and 8 days sober. I understand them more and listen and my wife is happier with me too, I am getting things done around the house and am more motivated. I got this app, and Rejuvenix supplement for cravings. I have put that $80 I would spend every Friday away and now I am going to see 311 at Red Rocks, trip to Sanibel, my kid is paid to go to Italy and we are going to Germany next year all because I now have the money to do it, stay sober you’ll be happier!

2 Likes

That line struck me too. What does it mean??

@Chente … are you saying you’ll stop drinking until the court case is over and then drink again?? That sounds like a good way to get yourself a second DUI.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

I got my DUI 10/9/20 and I’m still paying for it. I lost custody of my kids, had to do time in jail, have the breathalyzer on my car, thousands of dollars in fines and classes. It’s so not worth it. Sober life is so much easier!

3 Likes

Any online aa meetings :thinking: with my health problems going out is impossible for me uk time

@Bones_80 Here’s a link with online resources:

1 Like

1 Like

It can get worse. Trust me. It’s a tough road trying to “figure out how to drink the right way”