Alcoholic fisherman in recovery

Hi Jason! Wanted to check on you :sunflower:
How are you doing?

4 Likes

Things have been going good!

I love the new job!

We got all the crab gear in. We have been working on getting it off the dock, and have been doing some work on them so the workload isn’t as big when its time to crab again.

I usually don’t crab through the summer like we did this year. It was easy money. We have two boats with 200 pot permits on each. We had 100 pots out on the bigger boat, and fifty on the small. running each boat once a week was good. The crab stayed consistent. We were able to make money on windy days while most boats had nothing to do.

Now that halibut and crab are finished, we have five boats with nearshore permits to fish. Its a lot of fish we can catch. Fun fishing too!

Phils kid quit so we have been two manning it. Its extra work for me, but I make a better percentage so I don’t mind.

Phil is easy to work with and we have been doing good. We caught the most halibut on our fleet. I get to film wide open. He treats me really good. Overall this job has turned out way better than I imagined. We have a crazy amount of boats and permits to fish!

Instead of being mad about Matt disappearing, I feel like thanking him.

The ball is rolling on all my other projects again too. My swimbaits are back in production. I’ve been making some awesome tackle!

Its nice to have the rent paid! Life is good!

15 Likes

Seems like the money situation has straightened out, that’s a relief!

3 Likes

I’m glad for you Jason. It makes me happy to see you happy and thriving.

3 Likes

Fantastic update! Glad everything is working out for you.

3 Likes

This is great news! I’m happy the season turned out so well for you :sunflower: Thanks for the update :sunflower:

3 Likes

Congratulations @JasonFisher ! Thanks for everything and for being such an inspiration!
Four Years. November 17, 2023

10 Likes