Almost 3 days sober from alcohol/cocaine

I have been drinking and on cocaine for as long as I can remember (3/4 years now.) I’m transgender female to male and have always struggled with addiction. Since starting hormone therapy about 5 months ago I have still been feeding my terrible drug addictions without even realising it. I think for a long time I was in a state of mind where I didn’t believe it was a problem even though now I see it’s definitely a problem. I always thought because everyone was doing it then why shouldn’t I but Ive realised that was just my brain tricking me into my terrible addiction. I always wish I could change things so I wouldn’t feel this terrible anxiety all the time but now I think I just need to live with it and try and better myself. Ive also been smoking weed for about 5 years now but I’ve cut down a lot (1 joint of a night time) compared to what I used to smoke so I’m quite happy about that. I feel like that joint stops me from relapsing onto the harder drugs but it’s still not great. I’ve joined this app to make me feel better because for a long time I’ve felt there’s no way out but to take drugs or drink a lot of alcohol. I’d love for some support as I’m going to be going through a long journey and really want to do it this time. I know I can do it but it’s just a struggle. Is there any Advice out there?

7 Likes

Hey there bud, congratulations on taking the first step!

There is a lot of fear and excitement in transitioning. Fear from hiding yourself FROM yourself, fear of realizing what you need to do to transition and fear of what others might think. But you have done what you needed to do to survive and now it’s time to thrive! Think of it as a butterfly coming out of its cocoon. I am proud of you for taking the next steps in your journey.

This app is a fantastic way to keep yourself accountable and meet others who have been or are where you are. Stick around and you’ll meet some awesome people! I’m only on day 24 but I am positive that this app has contributed to my sobriety.

If you ever need someone to talk to, I’m here for you. I know your pain and I know it will get better the longer you stay sober. Welcome, brother!

5 Likes

Thanks so much man I really appreciate the support. Congratulations on day 24! I’m going to push myself as best as I can. Like you said transitioning comes with a lot but hopefully now that I’m ready to get sober it will make the process and the journey a hell of a lot easier. Again cheers for the kind words. Is it okay to message you if I feel like I’m tempted to drink?

2 Likes

Welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Take one day at a time.
Have you any support from health professionals for your anxiety and drug use ?
Its not as bad as we first imagined asking for help.

Im glad you found us here, this community is brilliant for support.
Stay strong and your not alone were here for you.

1 Like

Yeah of course. Feel free to hmu any time. I’m not a sponsor by any means and certainly have my flaws but hey, two heads are better than one right?

2 Likes

I speak regularly to a therapist but I haven’t told her about my drug use because I felt ashamed or like she wouldn’t understand. I know I should tell her but I don’t think I’m ready to because I’m afraid of what she will say.

Hello ! I just wanted to say congratulations on your kicking cocaine and alcohol !:+1: I myself am on day 9 sobriety from alcohol and suffer from bad anxiety , depression , and ADD. All I can say is keep going and keep coming back to communities like this one . Your an inspiration !

3 Likes

I will be on Day 4 soon. I have bad anxiety myself. Am doing other things to keep busy.

1 Like

Welcome! Im 22 days alcohol free (AF). Ive found this app very useful over the past couple weeks. Stick around and check it out

I love these threads:

You can bookmark posts you like after the first posting of the thread. You can shout out to someone by using the @ sign and selecting a user. If you do that they will receive a message of your posting.

Hope this helps you today. Just take it one day at a time!

Welcome to TS, Elliott! Also, congrats on accepting your disease as that along with the desire to stop, is what needs to come first or we’re just bullshitting ourselves.
Knowing hormone replacement for FtM, alcohol + cocaine I am so happy you are here. Those 3 together make thick blood and recipe for a cardiovascular nightmare.
Healthy & happy is what you deserve! So, so glad you’re here & please stick around. We do this walk together and it’s done one day at a time.

1 Like

Hi maybe try some meetings might help you wish you well

1 Like