Am I an alcoholic? 20 years of drinking...is it time to admit?

Ugh!!! That sucks…i do hope you both recover quickly - i know so many last minute things to work on but the most important is your health. Itll be a beautiful wedding. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Morning CJ
How did your dreaded talk about finances go?

Hope you enjoyed the festive firework celebrations with family.

1 Like

We postponed the finance talk until he returns from a big trip. Im cool with that.

Fireworks were big, beautiful and loud! We had enough big ones to go an hour. I felt bad cuz my dad saved the loudest one for last and it was 10pm and they were the loudest fireworks ive ever heard

1 Like

Thats probably very smart to table the talks till after trip. Wishing you the best of luck whenever it happens.

1 hour of fireworks- thats awesome. I forget how much i love em till they are going off where i can see them (not just hear them :rofl:). Wrapping it up by 10 with the loudest ones is perfectly acceptable imo. You have to go out with a bang.
Glad everyone had a fun safe fireworks celebration. :fireworks:

1 Like

Today i am greatful and proud. Im proud of how far ive come in my sobriety. Im taking care of things at home, in my relationships, working on my healthier lifestyle, and working on our finances. It seems like a lot but its manageable by taking things one day at a time, using my phone calendar, and making a plan. Follow thru is key.

7 Likes

I’m off tomorrow. Sooooo…watching movies tonight then to bed early!

1 Like

Try another free app that I use its called Affect it actually led me here to Sober Time I love it :grinning: between these two apps my sobriety journey rocks! Like you not really fond of in person AA meetings for my own personal reasons of course :upside_down_face: not to say they are not helpful sometimes but the apps are both convenient and helpful :blush:

Well 9.5hrs later made it to the northwoods. I still got giddy taking the turn to the cabin. Im excited.nervous. mostly excited. I wore my Sober AF shirt up and everyones oh ok. Cool. Its humid as balls up here but atleast its not the 90s.

So greatful.

10 Likes

I love it!!! So excited for you…you no longer rely on alcohol or weed for a good time. You make your own good time.

That water looks so inviting :heart_eyes:…you may need to go for a dip to cool down.

Have a blast CJ!

2 Likes

Well family reunion 2023 is going sooo well. Todays our last full day :frowning: i always dread the end.

Im so greatful i dont drink. After a full day of drinking my brother was wasted by the campfire by 11pm. He was in rough shape. He couldnt keep his eyes open, stand, hold a convo, roast a marshmellow, and almost fell in the fire. I did not like seeing him like that one bit. The sad part was he was like this in front of 3 of his young kids. It was embarrassing and sad. It visibly made my 16yo niece upset. I tried to talk to her about it but she didnt want to talk much and i couldnt seem to find the right words. It was tough

7 Likes

Yay! Glad to hear it’s going so well. Enjoy your last full day.

Even if you didn’t have the right words for your niece, at least she knows you care and love her. Sometimes that’s enough for a 16 yr old. If she wants to talk about it in the future, now she knows she can come to you. You did your best at that time and that’s all you can do.

2 Likes

Glad you are having a fantastic sober time my friend.
It does suck seeing your loved ones getting drunk / high. I remember being in that state and even then thinking - huh - this is ok, everyone does it - not causing any harm. Didn’t realize how much harm i was causing not only to myself but those who were witnessing me were also worried and sad.

I am grateful that you and your hubby could be the sober role models for your niece to see. I’m sure that in itself helped. :people_hugging:

1 Like

Sitting on the dock of the bay watching the fog roll away

6 Likes

Oh man…going on 4.33+ days of not vaping. Quitting this shit is HARD. Considering i could barely go 2 hours without it. But it was time. Money is tight. Hubbys been beggin me. Talked about it in therapy multiple times and then she challenges me to an aug 1st quit date. Day before, july 31st im chain smoking on the 9.5hr drive home from the family reunion.

This quitting business is fucking hard. The habit is ingrained in my day to day: before an action, after an action, after meals, driving, when bored, when i wake up. I was vaping all the fucking time. Its crazy ive made it this far. The timer and this communitys encouragement is keeping me going. I dont want to start back at day 0 and go thru these horrible cravings again! Pretty money motivated and i will save $0.57 an hour or $13.50 a day or $5000 a year. That money can fund my halo jump!

7 Likes

Hey I just searched quit vaping on Insight Timer. They had a few quit smoking. Quit sugar etc…
Just a thought.
Hang in there kid :heart:

3 Likes

Now that’s something to keep you motivated and you will need some good healthy lungs to do that jump.

I do know how much time we give to our addictions. How much of our addictions are engrained into our daily lives. Its difficult to re-train your brain but i know you are strong enough to do this. Keep busy, keep focused on your goals (healthier lungs, more money, halo jump …etc)!
Like you said - no way you want to start at day 0 and go through this hell again. I am so proud of you! keep strong CJ!

2 Likes

I should incorporate some quit smoking meditations this weekend @Dazercat thanks for bringing it up!

@JazzyS thanks for cheering me on dear friend. This shit is hard and ive come this far!

3 Likes

I got pretty bored and lonely in the first 6 months of my sobriety. But just recently my mom asked me if I could take her to the hair salon. I gave her a big smile and said “let me check my calendar”. It is so satisfying to have AA friends & fellowship!

2 Likes

Almost to one whole fucking week free from all my addictions! This has been a very trying week quitting vaping. I have cravings nesrly every hour and have to remind myself im a nonsmoker now. The romanticism is think these days. So i thought id list out the positives of quitting vaping

*free from all my harmful addictions
*no lying or sneaking around
*not a slave to cravings
*better health
*better fitness
*freedom

I have to keep going!

5 Likes

Ah man - them cravings dont play!! Great job on staying the course and fighting for a healthier you.

A few others to add to your list…

• more money to vacation or attempt bucket list items :wink:
  • more energy
  • will be able to taste better
  • not smelling of the vape scent

Sure many more…isn’t it awesome that the positive side of quitting has suchba long list :grinning:

Yes my friend - u have the strength to do so…
Keep strong :muscle: :heart: :sparkles:

1 Like