Annual January Planking Challenge

I am so HAPPY today is a rest day! Not feeling great and exhausted. Really hope I’m feeling better for 4 minutes tomorrow.

7 Likes

Day 27 :white_check_mark:
2m30s on the elbows and rest high plank. Phew… :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Day 27 :white_check_mark: 2 minutes than a break then 1 minute then another break and then the last minute :hot_face:

6 Likes

Tuff day. Had a good 45 minute bootcamp session this morning, of course there was planking. I got Day 27 done, but had to do 2 minutes, 10 sec rest and then the last two minutes.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Time for the Peloton now! Happy Saturday!!

4 Likes

Like @Hidden, 2 minutes, 10 seconds, and 2 minutes. Tomorrow I will go further.

but then again

Book of James, Chapter 4, verses 13-15
13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”

4 Likes

4 minutes done. 3 minutes in high plank, 1 minute 5 seconds in low. I added the extra 5 to remind myself it gets harder. That’s okay, we can do hard things. :muscle:t3:🫵🏼

8 Likes

Can’t get to 4 minutes in one shot mentally, my mind just doesn’t want to go that long. 2m30s today down for 15s then up for the last 1m30s. Getting 3m30s in one shot seriously was so hard. 4m seems impossible, but i will keep pushing. At least day 28 is done.

Going to go work off this mental breakdown with a 45 minute Peloton ride.

Good luck fellow plankers!

8 Likes

4min in one go! On the elbows! I surprised myself, not gonna lie :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Day 28 :white_check_mark: made it to 3 minutes before a break. Listened to a murder podcast to help me through :joy:

6 Likes

oookayyy…

I counted my way through, but when I checked, I was still only at 2 minutes! So I needed 5-10 seconds then.

Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 4, entry 5
Death: something like birth, a natural mystery, elements that split and recombine. Not an embarrassing thing. Not an offense to reason, or our nature.

6 Likes

I was already listening to it :woman_shrugging:t2: It’s a good one. Called Redhanded

2 Likes

Day 28 done. It was NOT pretty. Lots of shaking and a few mini back stretch breaks but done.
2 more days all!

8 Likes

Day 29 :white_check_mark: the trainer had multiple planks in the workout so I’m counting those. There were regular plank, high plank and side planks :hot_face:

8 Likes

Day 29 done. I took a few breaks but it is done.
Call me crazy but I am going again next month with a special focus on form. Some of these I relied on high plank too much for so my goal is 5 minutes on the mat in the morning with a perfect low plank for the allotted time each day. I’m loving accountability these days so if anyone wants to join, I’m here.

6 Likes

Day 29 :white_check_mark:
2m30 on elbows + 1m high plank + 1m elbows

Happy it’s done :wink:

7 Likes

Day 29🤟 split into 2 with about 15 seconds in between. Hard hard though

6 Likes

I’m toast today - PT in the morning, spinning after work. I will jump to 5 minutes tomorrow.

6 Likes

Day 29 done, but my body has met its planking match! Hard workout at boot camp this morning, a hard 30 minutes on the Peloton after work and then I took on this plank beast. Made it to 2m45s then down for 10s, back up for the last 1m45s and it was a struggle! I have managed to stay in low plank, but so hard!

Nice work everyone, this has definitely been a challenge.

One more day!

5 Likes

Day 30 :white_check_mark::white_check_mark: I made it to 3 minutes in low plank, took a break and got another minute and 15 and then finished. All in low plank today :tada::confetti_ball::tada:

7 Likes

Heck yeah!! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

4 Likes