Annual January Planking Challenge

Day 20 done. It’s getting easier somehow. Step 1. Acceptance.

5 Likes

Day 17 done.

Dang, I’m falling behind gang. :weary:

Resized_cc1b954b-ed69-4dda-b132-cdcaae796fa5_222624506775542

4 Likes

Day 20 :heavy_check_mark: most of it was in high plank but I didn’t take a break today so that’s a win for me!

4 Likes

Day 20 done. I did need a back stretch in the middle. Moving from high to low while holding the pose seems to be key for me. Tomorrow I might incorporate some 2 lb hand weights so I have something to do with my hands.

5 Likes

Day 20 done after workout. Gonna start doing these at the beginning of the workout since they’re longer now. Or just separate times of the day

4 Likes

15, 16, 17 and 18 done! Getting difficult!

4 Likes

Day 18 done.

It wasn’t easy, but I got it done.

Have a goodnight, guys.

3 Likes

Getting to the spicy end of the challenge now.

Crack on, champions!

3 Likes

Day 21 :heavy_check_mark: - took a break after 2 minutes then finished. Off for a long run :blush: y’all have a great day!

3 Likes

Day 21 :+1: done

3 Likes

Day 22 :heavy_check_mark: made it to 2 minutes, break then did 30 seconds and needed another break, then finished. That was a long 3 minutes :joy:

5 Likes

Day 22 done.

5 Likes

I’m out :sob: Doing this almost every day is too much for me. I have the best results when having a 2-3 day break in-between :pleading_face:

6 Likes

I bought an Apple watch this week and can see that I am trying to do all the things (like addicts do). Closing those circles can get compulsive. I owed myself yesterday’s plank which I just finished and I’ll do the 3 minutes after work. Progress not perfection.

4 Likes

I’m a couple of days behind. Got a bad stomach ache. Ate something yesterday, and it’s been effin with me. I’ll catch up, tho.

4 Likes

Day 22 done. Had to split this one up with a 10 second break in the middle. :grin:

3 Likes

I may try to make up some lost ground this week. Had a real nice 5k (34:13 with even splits) race yesterday on snow, ice and slush. I could have worn my Ice Bugs but opted not to - went with the Goretex Brooks Ghost instead.

Snow shoveling, snow blowing and hauling wood is enough for my back today. Let’s see how I feel tomorrow to start making up the missed days!

5 Likes

Day 20 done

Goodnight, sober fam.

4 Likes

Day 23 :heavy_check_mark: I switched from low to high and tossed a few down dogs in there. I made the whole time, no break!!!

The song that got me through. I thought that was a cool idea yesterday when you posted yours @anon74766472

@Astro I think it means you aren’t bracing your core enough and using more back muscles. I generally don’t even feel it in my back. I focus on contracting abs and glutes. I ain’t an expect though so take that info with a grain of salt.

5 Likes

Day 23 done. I needed something to sing with :grimacing:

3 Likes