Any advice for the beginning of the journey

I have tried to quit a couple times i just havent stuck too it but i want this time too be different, any advice to help keep my mind off of it for the beginning days?

1 Like

Build a support group find a sponsor work the 12 steps of na
reach out to people that have been where you are right now.
ask for numbers

5 Likes

Welcome Dashiell
Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.
:pray:t2::heart:
Here are two good threads to start:

My strongest tool has been doing a gratitude list every single morning for 593 days.
https://talkingsober.com/t/daily-gratitude-list-2/112158/2587
I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Welcome, coming here is a great first step. Read as much as you can and be active. You will learn a lot

1 Like
  • Figure out the best way to remind yourself why you are quitting. Look at how bad you feel in the beginning and kmow that you never have to go through all that again if you stick to it now.

• Find people who will support you, whether it is here or elsewhere.

• Find something that will take your mind off the moment. i used Netflix, but it could be anything.

Good luck and welcome.

1 Like

Maybe try a meeting they will help wish you well

1 Like

I have to really want it, need it and work for it for sobriety to last in my life, cant just be something i try to do part way. Its imperative i work on my recovery daily or I will parish that much i know. I enjoy my freedom dont need to be locked up in a jail cell or hospital because thats where it gets me or in the dirt. Stay connected with people in recovery read hear to see what works for some of us. Reach out ask for help if things get overwhelming.:grinning::+1:

1 Like