Any aussies in the house?

Congrats with the new venture, that’s exciting news! Bugger about your licence tho… yep I’m in Qld, doing pretty well - the school holidays have been tough though so I’m counting down to Monday. I feel like Georges dad in Seinfeld screaming “serenity now!!” Great to see you pop in and say hello.

1 Like

How is everyone doing? :heart:

Hi all. So please to be sober on the Gold Coast.

Had some challenges.
Don’t want to or have to drink today.

Got offered alcohol the other morning and just said " no thanks, haven’t had one for 4 1/2 months and I’m going to an aa meeting at 5 o’clock."

I so do not want to turn up at a meeting and say I’ve re set the timer again. I’m really thankful to be alive .

Feel free to message me if anyone here wants to add me their " pick up the phone instead of picking up a drink" list or just chat about life. Just let me know your from this forum.

Hope we find Shalom today. Fleeing temptation and forgive ourselves and others. Facing reality sober and serene.

3 Likes

It’s so cold…:cold_face::cold_face::cold_face:

2 Likes

It can only get better

1 Like

Hi All.

Closing in on 10months sober. Not long home from steps meeting.

New guy at meeting tonight. Suggested he have at sober time if he finds it hard and gets caught in his own head.

Hope wet weather and lack of sunshine isnt wearing to thin on anybody’s mind. Its hitting my bank balance a bit bit nothing like those around Forbes and Condo. I’m thankful for my lot.

Stay sober. Keep growing.

5 Likes

10 months day. Got my nine month chip at aa last night.

1 Like

Hi all. Hows things going?
Hopefully all waking up un hung over tomorrow.

Queenslander here
We’re the weather is bypola lol
Hope everyone is well and prepared to get threw tonight strong n sober.

3 Likes

Im on the Gold Coast. Will be around drinkers this evening. Thought about having a drink but if i do that id have to go by a carton and some tobacco and call in sick for work tomorrow and get stuck in that stupid rut for who knows how long and be disappointed and hungover. Thanks for the thought brain. Na just not worth the effort. Easier to remain sober just for today and face tomorrow un hung over

4 Likes

That’s great you are able to convince your self of the reason why you’ve chosen sobriety over old ideals.
Our bosses definitely appreciate it😂
My son and I went riding today to wear ourselves out. So doubt we’ll see the first round of fire works. But have plans to start the year with a meeting then possibly some fishing if the weather is ok.
Then back to work Monday.

2 Likes

Made it. Pleasant evening. Sober now. Sickening how many jan ones ive lost since 1986

2 Likes

It was a first for me too
And Christmas.
Last Christmas I went back out for a few months then got 30 days up but broke again. Finally let go of an ex. And had my last drink and choof on my 40th bday
I know have nearly five months up and not looking back.

4 Likes

5221 Kangaroo Island checking in… 37 days and counting!

9 Likes

I live in a van. Had a celebration carton to start van life and relapsed for 4 months. 11 months sober now

5 Likes

Anyone heading over?

1 Like

I’m going to look into it!

1 Like

I’m riding over from Queensland
Just spent a few hours today planning it all out.

1 Like

I’m over in Perth but am not attending, seems to be quite a lot of people booking accommodation ready to dance the night away so I’m sure you’ll have a blast :boom:

1 Like

The accommodation prices are rediculouse. I think I’ll be staying in my swag lol