Any aussies in the house?

I was up near the Peak District, I miss the hiking opportunities but not the weather :joy:

I think nearly everyone thinks their culture/country has major problems with alcohol :grimacing:
There’s also huge recovery scenes when you look, I just wasn’t looking before I got sober…

London has alcohol free bars (or they did before covid) :ok_hand:

Melb and Central coast rep here

Just keeping this space relevant.

Bye for now.

1 Like

Australia’s drinking culture is so ingrained in society that a massive portion of the population are high functioning alcoholics.

I have only told a handful of people that I am no longer drinking, because I can just imagine the scoffs and snide comments I will get from many when I do tell them.

It’s time to cut the cycle off for our next generation of adults…….

3 Likes

I agree there’s a lot of so called functioning alcoholics, I was one until I quit work just before I got sober as I wasn’t coping and it seemed easier to give up, “thankfully” (I realise now it was needed) I spiralled so quickly out of control that I hit a place where I was forced to make a choice to keep digging or get sober.

To be honest this has never happened, I also thought it would but most people really don’t care or are curious, if I’m out somewhere I don’t worry anymore and rock out with my can of Coke Zero :metal:

3 Likes

Blockquote

The link took me netflix then back to this app. What was the show youshared please?

1 Like

Im a kiwi. Been here just under 23 years

2 Likes

I agree. Apart from the occassional “omg so what do you do to have fun??!” :woman_facepalming::joy: when I (rarely) tell people that I don’t drink alcohol anymore, I find people suddenly feel the need to justify their drinking… ‘oh yeah, I don’t drink all that often’ , ‘I rarely have more than a few’ , ‘yeah, I don’t drink the amount that I used to anymore’… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Im out Jimboomba way to meet my 7 week old grand daughter. Tomorrow.

2 Likes

Oh wow congratulations! I hope it’s a lovely visit with lots of baby cuddles :two_hearts:

1 Like

Hi melburnians :wave:

3 Likes

G’day from Queensland! It’s good to know that fellow Aussies are on the sober journey too. I fully immersed myself in the Aussie drinking culture for 30+ years and now it’s time to come up for a breath of sweet sober air.

3 Likes

Hi Elyse, hope you are enjoying the glorious weather today.

1 Like

Over in Perth here :wave:

2 Likes

The weather is glorious! About to head out to an outdoor gig with some kombucha and strong willpower. Its nice to feel comfortably sober even with such hot weather :blush:

1 Like

In melb today its gonna be a shocker! 38 ekkk! Over night it was so hot here. Waking up this morning i feel like im in qld the heat is no joke at 7am :hot_face:

1 Like

Yeah it’s going to be intense. Slip slop slap!

1 Like

Some pics from Melbourne last night and my Tarot spread for today

4 Likes

Awesome shots :open_mouth:
I have no clue about tarot but it always looks interesting :smirk:

1 Like