Any Avid Readers Here? What are you currently reading?

It’s so good i almost already finished it :grimacing:

Finished Adrian Tchaikovsky’s Eyes of the Void - a page turner like it’s predecessor Shards of Earth. Was NOT prepared for it to be continued in a subsequent volume! I hate waiting for the sequel! I’m looking for a completed series now. But I started Joe R. Lansdale - All the Earth, Thrown to the Sky

There’s a free, no ad podcast by Russell Johnson that reads the whole story on spotify! I sometimes listen at work and read the book at home

1 Like

I am re reading The Cider House Rules by John Irving.

I had thought to re read The Tao of Pooh, but my brain said otherwise. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

My camping book

6 Likes

I went on a book bender. Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism is amazing, I feel it’s safe to assume anything written by Chögyam Trungpa will be. The other two I haven’t started yet. I did finish You are Here by Tichn Nhat Hanh but like Sassy, I will be reopening for many years to come.

5 Likes

Think I will add those to my list.

1 Like

Just finished ‘When the body says no’ by Gábor Máté. It was recommended by many and it’s definitely worth reading. It says a lot about the connection between persistent stress, suppressed emotions and the condition of the body.

Many more to go.

8 Likes

Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism is a must read. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I’m reading a non-fiction book called “Iced In:Ten Days Trapped on the Edge of Antarctica” by Cris Turney.

I enjoy real life accounts of major challenges for humans. It is inspiring and it helps me keep some perspective on my life.

5 Likes

I will get that going then!

1 Like

Could someone please explain me the work of the named author? I heard his name a lot.

1 Like

He is an acclaimed Buddhist teacher and meditation master there is lots of information on him online if you wish to learn about him. This particular book is a collection of lectures, it’s great.

2 Likes

I also enjoy these types of stories, I think I will add this to my list. Thanks for sharing. :blush:

1 Like

Well crap…my new phone has updated the kindle app…so I can’t buy book off Amazon like I use too…guess I will havecto go old school and by the actual book

1 Like

I am reading this and doing the workbook that goes along with it.

3 Likes

Also reading this one and doing workbook that goes with it.

5 Likes

I figured it out!!! I can start reading it.

1 Like

How do you like this book? I was goong to get it but changed my mind and got this one

1 Like

Almost got this book