Any Avid Readers Here? What are you currently reading?

Hi there! I Love reading and collecting books. If you’re interested in yoga or Buddhism or just a mindful lifestyle I am enjoying Light on Life by B.K.S Iyengar. Also, Amor Towels is one of my all time favorite authors. Rules of Civility is excellent!
Mary

1 Like

Currently 3/4 of the way through House Of Leaves, so glad I bought a physical copy this book is a trip haha

2 Likes

I really liked Population 485. I’ll add this one to my to be read too. I liked his writing style, it felt conversational.

1 Like

Oof, I worked in a bookstore and finished this book because some of my co-workers doubted I could. I had MANY bookmarks going at the same time. Some of the descriptive passages still stick with me and I ended up really enjoying it.

Peter Heller: The dog stars
51pHExKZ33L.AC_SY1000
i’m at the third of this post apocalyptic/dystopian book. So far so great :v:t2:
If you like this type of stories, wilderness, nature and dogs, you may like it too

5 Likes

Check out Jesus’ Son, a short novel by Denis Johnson. It’s a beautiful book about addiction and eventual recovery

2 Likes

i really liked that collection. i liked train dreams too :cowboy_hat_face:

That is a beautiful book. I always mean to read more by him but haven’t yet.

1 Like

Train Dreams is maybe my favorite book ever

1 Like

I just finished the first book in the Legend of Drizzt series I borrowed from a friend, soo good. Starting the second book tonight before bed!
512Y-bUvjxL

3 Likes

That’s a great book! I really need to reread it.

1 Like

Need to read this series. Should just get Audible. Currently just checking out audiobooks from Libby, but I’m just limited to the local library systems database, which is not always reliable.

It’s so good i almost already finished it :grimacing:

Finished Adrian Tchaikovsky’s Eyes of the Void - a page turner like it’s predecessor Shards of Earth. Was NOT prepared for it to be continued in a subsequent volume! I hate waiting for the sequel! I’m looking for a completed series now. But I started Joe R. Lansdale - All the Earth, Thrown to the Sky

There’s a free, no ad podcast by Russell Johnson that reads the whole story on spotify! I sometimes listen at work and read the book at home

1 Like

I am re reading The Cider House Rules by John Irving.

I had thought to re read The Tao of Pooh, but my brain said otherwise. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

My camping book

6 Likes

I went on a book bender. Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism is amazing, I feel it’s safe to assume anything written by Chögyam Trungpa will be. The other two I haven’t started yet. I did finish You are Here by Tichn Nhat Hanh but like Sassy, I will be reopening for many years to come.

5 Likes

Think I will add those to my list.

1 Like

Just finished ‘When the body says no’ by Gábor Máté. It was recommended by many and it’s definitely worth reading. It says a lot about the connection between persistent stress, suppressed emotions and the condition of the body.

Many more to go.

8 Likes