Any Avid Readers Here? What are you currently reading?

7 Likes

Thank you! Hope your weekend is good too! We have company, old friends, lots of hikes and hot tub time and lounging.

I would think audio might be intense. I have pretty good luck getting many of the quit lit books from local library thru Libby. Tho I do end up buying if I love. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Finished the whole series back last year. It was good. Very different storytelling style than I’m used to. I feel like it left me wanted better explanations and more depth to the story, but maybe it’s because I’m reading a translation…

1 Like

Just finished playing the witcher 3 for the second time and watched the series so I thought I better read the books.
New season on Netflix soon. :grin:

2 Likes

Haven’t played the games or seen the series. I think I would like to do both of those someday though. Excited that Liam Hemsworth will be picking up the Geralt mantle.

My Mrs isn’t :joy:

lol. Henry Cavil made a great Geralt. I think Liam has some great potential though. Wouldn’t have had to worry about it if it weren’t for the crappy producers.

1 Like

New one to get into today… something a little different :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Magic! :ok_hand: :100::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Just finished this. For an astrology book, its a light, and fairly easy, read. There is a focus on discussing subconscious drivers, since Neptune rules the subconscious. He also rules drugs, alcohol, and all manner of escapism. There is a lot of value to be found in general, even for those not interested in astrology.

7 Likes

Recently finished this. He is one of my favourite authors, but I have to say this book was not his best work. I couldn’t really connect with the main character, I didn’t like the personality traits he showed, so maybe that’s reason I found the whole book just a little bit meh :confused:
Maybe the next book is better again, it’s usually one a year.

6 Likes

I treated myself to five new books for summer readings. I start with the new Donna Leon. Readind lazy in the shadow or on the couch is so nice :blush:

7 Likes

New quit lit. :clap:t3::clap:t3:

7 Likes

:+1: :+1:

4 Likes

Reading this now… needed some knowledge.

4 Likes

I’m about to start this one. I need to. Been struggling in my thoughts lately but I’m staying strong!

9 Likes

It’s been a long time since Iv’e sat down with a good book, but I’m a big fan of classic literature: Charles Dickens, Edgar Allan Poe, John Steinbeck, Jack Kerouac, Harper Lee and others. :books:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’m a lurker by nature, and haven’t been here as long as many here; but because I am actually a librarian, I wanted to thank all of you in this thread!

I am happy to see the wide variety we all read (and recognize many titles from my library’s collection)!

Ironically, today is my day off, so I plan to do a minor repair on my Jeep, prepare some appetizers for a gathering tomorrow, and hopefully READ! I have less time for reading since I’ve been a librarian than any other time in my life (except when wasted) - contrary to somewhat popular belief, librarians don’t really get to read all day!

Thank you for this thread!
peace

9 Likes

Because of my addiction getting out of control I haven’t been reading a lot lately. Now that I decided to get sober I am going back to two of my favorite authors: Stephen King and Peter Straub. I know, very generic but what can I say I like dark reads and twisted psychological thrillers :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

If you guys have recommendations on psychological thrillers and some horror late me know! :black_heart:

7 Likes