Any Avid Readers Here? What are you currently reading?

Hey Emilie, all my Puny sorrows is a film I just recently watched. Super sad really, but enjoyed it! Nice to hear the books are good! Had a lot of tense family dynamics.

1 Like

I’m currently reading a lot of crime fiction series. I have several modern fiction ones lined up for when my crime sets are up to date (why do they seemingly all get released on the very same day)??

I’m looking forward to reading from my shelf:

Lessons in chemistry, Bonnie Garmus
Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, Gabrielle Zevin
Demon Copperfield, Barbara Kingsolver
Remarkably bright creatures, Shelby Van Pelt
Black butterflies, Priscilla Morris

5 Likes

4 Likes

2023 ended up being my year of psychological thrillers and mysteries with lots of books by Lisa Jewell, Sally Hepworth, and Riley Sager. They were all spectacular but I wanted to read more fiction and historical fiction this year. So far this year I’ve read Oona out of order and Anxious People. Both were great but Anxious People is my favorite so far.

3 Likes

Tomorrow x3 is a lovely book! You have a great TBR ahead of you

2 Likes

I had the same experience! I used to think co-dependency was made up mumbo jumbo. But when I read it a second time in a different mind set a few years later, it blew my mind

2 Likes

Lisa Jewell is my favorite mystery writer. Last year I went back and read her earlier stuff like Ralph’s Party and it was fun too.
I think co-dependency and addiction are very closely linked.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed the Riley Sagar book I read last year, super good! Lisa Jewell is always enjoyable. If you like the intrigue side of books, I recommend Mark Edwards and Lucy Clarke are always good.

Can I suggest a crime series to you please? The Tuva Moodison series set in Sweden by Will Dean. It’s honestly so atmospheric and just brilliant. Soon to become a movie or show so get in there before that happens. I think there are 5 or 6 in the series so far. I’m anxiously awaiting the next one! Top in class for me.

What’s the best place to start on a codependency book? What do you guys recommend.

1 Like

Listen to Melody Beattie’s Co-Dependent No More. I just finished it and might make it an annual re-read/listen.

4 Likes

Ok. I’ll look on audible, I have a credit :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I got so much more out of listening than reading this time.

2 Likes

Ok cool. Sometimes my head isn’t into listening and sometime my eyes aren’t into reading. Let’s see about it. Can’t hurt to learn I think. Thanks for the reccy.

2 Likes

Currently reading The Mirror Man by Lars Kepler.

Anyone else a crime/thriller fiction fan?

3 Likes

Hello hello hello hello. I’m so glad to find a fellow Keplar reader. Fan hopefully? I adore them, the series is totally bonkers but captivating. A really big favourite of mine alongside Harry Hole and Mr Nesbo.

1 Like

Ive just started this book but haven’t read any of their other books as of yet. However so far so good! My favourite authors are James Patterson and David Baldacci!

1 Like

I haven’t read Ralph’s party yet! I just love her writing. It’s clever, funny and has just the right amount of twists. Have you ever read any William Kent Krueger?

1 Like

Not yet but I will with a recommendation. Any favorite of Krueger? Ralph’s Party was fun to read because it was one of her first books and I could see her evolution. I think I’ve read everything she’s written.

1 Like

I really like a lot of UK crime at the moment. I used to be a Patricia Cornwell super fan though back in the day…

1 Like

The Tools, from Phil Stutz and Barry Michels.