Any horror movie fans?

I like B-rated the best. I think they’re the most fun. Sleepaway Camp is a favorite. I also love Terrifier. TCM is great, the original of course.

2 Likes

@DylanL that trailer was bizarre! Definitely gonna add that to my list :+1:

@SoberHorrorFan @Meka I just saw Werewolves Within. It’s a comedy horror, which I normally don’t go for but I really liked it. Funny and gruesome. Definitely recommend :ok_hand:

I haven’t watched any horror movies in a couple weeks. After talking about it here, I decided to go back and watch all of American Horror Story. I’m not sure what the last season I watched was but I’m about to finish 6. It’s different watching them sober. Definitely picking up on a lot more that I missed the first time. Anyway. Great show! Even better sober :wink:

5 Likes

Love horror! Especially if it creeps me out. Gore is ok if it brings value to the story. Here are a few movies I enjoyed, although I’m yet to see them sober:

Silent House
The Tunnel
The Cube
Paranormal Activity
The Fourth Kind
Babadook
A Quiet Place
Lights Out

And for fun…

Tucker and Dave vs. Evil

I enjoy horror that doesn’t overuse jump scares and leaves me creeped out way after it finishes.

4 Likes

Has anyone seriously not seen Renfield yet?

It was fun.

2 Likes

That looks really interesting–unfortunately there is no way for me to stream it here in Japan though. However, I found out that the blu-ray is put out by a partner label of Vinegar Syndrome, who put out a lot of great left-field stuff. Will wait and see if it’s in their next sale. :+1:

1 Like

I’ve heard a lot of good things about Werewolves Within–need to check it out. And American Horror Story.

1 Like

Me too–the last film I saw that did that to me was The Blackcoat’s Daughter, a 2015 film by Osgood Perkins–recommended if you haven’t already seen it.

2 Likes

Ooooh, thank you @SoberHorrorFan. The trailer has an ominous and menacing slow burn to it without a single yawn inducing scare jump. It left me wanting more, instead of showing the whole story like typical Hollywood trailers. Lights out, volume up and popcorn!

1 Like

I actually did watch it after you guys were talking about it. It was good. Another enjoyable horror comedy. I’ve always really liked Nicholas Cage. Especially when he plays oddball roles.

2 Likes

Cool! :+1:
Try not to read anything about it beforehand–it is one of those movies where the less you know about it, the better. Great atmospheric score too.

1 Like

It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but have you seen Panos Cosmatos’ Mandy? One of my all-time favorite movies.

That’s my entire weekend every weekend :blush:

2 Likes

One of my favourites! What a queen

1 Like

Agree, love watching films back sober. Can’t believe how much I get into them now I can concentrate !

Yeah, I have a massive blu-ray and DVD collection and I can state with confidence that the first halves of all of those movies are great. :sweat_smile:

I watched The Others last night–the 2001 film with Nicole Kidman. I guess most here will have seen it already, since it’s old and was a pretty major release. I had actually seen it already too, but it was a long time ago and I didn’t realize until the very end, when it dawned on me that I knew what was going to happen.

Still, it’s a good spooky haunted house story in the tradition of The Innocents or The Haunting if you like that kind of thing.

1 Like

I forgot about The Others. That is a great movie I’ve seen many times. That time period, along with the many haunted house movies it gave, is when my love of horror began. The Haunting, House on Haunted Hill, 13 Ghosts, I couldn’t get enough! I wonder what other great movies I’ve forgotten about :thinking: I’ll try not to let that bother me :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Anyone seen this? Absolutely loved it

2 Likes

That was bizarre, and a little disconcerting. I’ve seen a little bit of Jack Stauber. He’s got a strange mind. Thanks for sharing :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

Watched this one the other night on Prime. More of a sci-fi thriller than horror really, but it was so intense it got my heart rate up! Been a long time since a movie had that kind of effect on me.

3 Likes