Any horror movie fans?

Barbarian ruined it by becoming a somewhat creature feature toward the end. The initial premise was already scary enough.

2 Likes

I like Talked to me a lot. Ironically the first time I saw it I was drinking and I hated it because I didnā€™t pay attention. The second time I watched it was my 1st sober day and I loved it.

1 Like

Definitely agree, I didnā€™t need the ā€œcreatureā€ but I thought the funny parts made it worth it. I mean, I was laughing pretty hard the last 20 minutes.

I recommended It Follows. If you havenā€™t seen that, itā€™s a masterpiece of film making. Using all influences of 80s horror troupes. Film schools teach classes on the film. The camera work is amazing. All horror fans itā€™s a must see.

2 Likes

I have to re-watch that. I saw it years ago but donā€™t remember much. Drunk of course :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen it follows as well itā€™s amazing

2 Likes

I enjoyed this as well. Isnā€™t there two other series as well? But they all kind of tie together.

Had anyone watched the Pearl trilogy/ franchise? I liked the one I watched. Bit Texas CM style.

Also switchblade romance is good, a French horror.

What about the original Rec film as well in Spanish :+1: that got me scared.

3 Likes

First wolf creek film alsoā€¦

3 Likes

Loved X and Pearl, the third film MaXXXine comes out 2024.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only watched X as I canā€™t seem to locate Pearl easily in the UK. But also I try not to have multiple streaming services so I might have missed it. Mia Goth is perfect in it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

If someone would have filmed my life before I got sober that would have been the best horror movie.

3 Likes

Probably true for a lot of us! We were all watching our life out with matchstick shoved in our eyes.

1 Like

Alright. I started a free trial for IFC so I could watch Jane Doe. It was great! I love those actors. Weird and creepy. I loved when the dad nonchalantly pulls out his matches :laughing:

Iā€™m going to make the most of my free week before I cancel. Contracted is another good one I havenā€™t seen since it came out. Watching it tomorrow.

3 Likes

Check out Baskin and Antibirth on IFC.

Antibirth is pure insanity. I love Natasha Leone and Chloe Sevigny.

Baskin, wild movie.

:+1:t3::+1:t3:

2 Likes

Antibirth was fun! Those girls are crazy and talented!

1 Like

I love them both too! Together in Russian Doll was a trip. Iā€™ll have to look for those :slightly_smiling_face:

Just watched Contracted again after 10 years. I remembered it being effed up, but damn! Worth a watch.

2 Likes

I dunno . . . You tell Me :thinking::grin:

:v:t2::heart::metal:t2:

4 Likes

Oh yes! Me me me hehe.
I enjoyed following movies:

Smile
Insidious (all of them)
Room 1408
Conjuring (all of them)
Triangle
The Crazies
The Lazarus Effect
Hereditary
Circle
Ma
The Descent
Apollo 18

And Iā€™m sure I forgot some :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yes! Those are some great ones too! I just finished Smile, as I never even heard of it before this. Very nice :ok_hand: All the others on your list are great too!

Iā€™ve been thinking up others the past few days

1408 - definitely reiterating that suggestion
Turistas
Cabin Fever
Let the Right One In
The Cabin in the Woods
Candyman - It was the first horror movie I ever saw, late night at a friends sleepover. We shouldnā€™tā€™ve had the access to watch it. We were 8, and it haunted me for years.

4 Likes

Love it :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like