Any sober VEGANS out here?

this looks great:)

2 Likes

The original Chao cheeze from field roast is my go-to, so good for veg quesodillas and sandwiches! I haven’t liked any of the other brands I’ve tried. Fieldroast makes awesome veg sausages too, they’re high protein without any.

2 Likes

Really happy to come across this thread. I believe we can all learn to extend the compassion we feel for animals to ourselves, effectively becoming better advocates for them. :blush:

I’m probably 80% vegan? I’ve struggled at times when veg options are very limited and gone for vegetarian, usually when traveling, but I keep at it and am making good progress.

The non-food animal products are harder for me at times, like makeup and accessories, but I’m transitioning as I run out of old items. Sometimes I make absent-minded purchases and feel guilty after I realize, but I’m trying and learning to put more thought into it. It gets easier once I have a reliable go-to. I also have items from before that I can’t afford to replace yet, like purses or shoes, that I’ll probably use until they’re unusable. That one is tough, I don’t want to promote leather goods, but I hate waste and don’t have alternatives on hand.

3 Likes

You will not regret it! Keep reading, researching and learning and you will be amazed by the abundance of delicious food you’ll enjoy and you will feel oh so good and healthy :blush: ‘Pick Up Limes’ and ‘Sweet Potato Soul’ are two awesome vegan Youtube channels :+1:

7 Likes

Yes ! Vegan here !

2 Likes

Oh mate. I would love to become a vegan. I would be so much healthier and fitter.

3 Likes

Haha yes I know the restaurants and oil come as a package.

Vegan n activist 7 years…Awoke to veganism right after becoming sober , then relapsed with drinking over two years ago. Now starting back on my sober journey. Have a great vegan community, some drink others dont. Never any pressure except what I put on myself. Happy to connect with sober vegans on here.

5 Likes

Yes, I am! Was vegetarian for 15 years and vegan for 1 year now.

3 Likes

I’ve just transitioned over the last five months. Took me 36 years but I made it. I can’t imagine ever going back.

6 Likes

Happy to see all you here @SoberWalker @Bootz @Paperstreet. First time I woke in 2012 n decided I didn’t want or need alcohol or drugs, cigarettes etc. N found self love. Next step which just seemed like a natural progression was to go Vegan. Then found an amazing community of Animal rights Activist. Who became family…slipped off Sobriety 2 years ago. Then up n down. Now back to being fully committed. Happy to meet you all n thankful for a place share.

6 Likes

Fantastic!! I didn’t go veg until I was in my 40s!! Better late than never.

4 Likes

New Yorker. Have friends here from both. Actually also from many different countries. It’s a great blend.

1 Like

City or state??

If city then you got some of the best vegan restaurants and I’m jealous!!!

2 Likes

NYC. When I started 7 years ago there were a handful. Now 110 . Brooklyn is rockin veganism. Pizza bakeries ethnic restaurants etc. But still love my home cooking n baking. @VSue

1 Like

I’m giving it a go. Its been about 10 days. I’m really thankful there are so many options for a vegan lifestyle.

4 Likes

My daughter and I happened by Sacred Chow near Washington Square Park completely by accident (by Chloe had a stupid long line) and we were blown away. I wish we had as many options up here. We do have some good places but they are very few.

3 Likes

It’s never been easier…there are so many more restaurants and products than even just 5 years ago!!!

4 Likes

Sacred Chow? One of my first vegan restaurants 7 years ago… Only went that one time. Where is up here @VSue ?

1 Like

So worth it for so many reason’s @JackStraw. Now so easy, restaurants bakeries fast food etc n home cooking so easy, thousands of recipes on line. Pinterest is awesome.

2 Likes