April full body workout challenge 🏋️‍♂️🤸‍♀️

Hmmm… I like that one, I guess I struggle with the same philosophy when it comes to weight loss. I never believe I can actually do it, and that’s why I’m stuck with this overweight for years already that the excessive drinking has brought me :confused:

On the other hand, I could not see the future as anything but bleak if I stopped drinking. But I did stop, not so much for what was to be, but because I could not tolerate what was any longer.

So, this morning I’d prefer to say “You can be what you cannot see”.

2 Likes

A colleague once said; you used to be skinnier, so it’s not like you want something you never had or that is not achievable. It’s there inside of you, you just have to go back to where you were before, work hard for it. Made me think, and she’s right! :smiling_face:

1 Like

Day 11 done! Day 12 again rest day? That was fast! Added a tabata to today! I really enjoyed those ones last year!! May should be Tabata month! :grimacing:

1 Like

Si si si por favor. Tabata.

1 Like

:rofl: Ok, entendido. Mayo = Tabata

1 Like

I caught up today ( thankful day 12 was rest day) did a bit extra and got in 2.6 mile walk (very hilly walk/hike so my glutes are feeling it):smile:

1 Like

At this point in my life, I’m just trying to “slow the losses”. I’m not setting any personal records lifting or running anymore, but I can hang on longer than if I did nothing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Days 10-12 done! I reset myself on Monday.

3 Likes

Day 13 done :white_check_mark: + a 4K walk. I work in an office (without window… :exploding_head:), once I finish work I need to get outside for a while and breathe some fresh air, specially now the days are longer! :grimacing:

3 Likes

Making excuses here. I spent a good chunk of the day driving 5 hours, the last hour through thick Masshole traffic. Nearly got sideswiped twice, once on I 95, once in Salem with the driver trying to make the classic right turn without warning from the center lane. I do know now that my horn works.

Will catch up tomorrow.

3 Likes

Day 13 (my wife’s 60th birthday!) and 14 done in beautiful colonial Marblehead Mass.

I must keep balance by keeping spiritual things at the center of my life. (The Divine) will give me this poise and balance if I pray for it. This poise will give me power in dealing with the lives of others. This balance will manifest itself more and more in my own life. I should keep material things in their proper place and keep spiritual things at the center of my life. Then I will be at peace amid the distractions of everyday living.
Richmond Walker 24 hours a day - April 14 meditation

2 Likes

Now that’s what I call commitment! Happy 60th birthday to your wife!
Day 14 done! Had a shitty day at work, but this too shall pass!

4 Likes

Had to catch up again.

3 Likes

Failing at consistency this month but caught up by turning day 13, 14 and 15 into 3 rounds. Also managed a 4km run around the lake with my youngest on his bike. Made me realise how much I miss running so plan to be back there again tomorrow afternoon for another run.
Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend.

Ps. Happy 60th to your wife Dan @SinceIAwoke :partying_face::hibiscus:

5 Likes

Hey Bec - I started to respond with the pithy quote “A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds”, but I’m glad I took the time to look it up. It’s now so much about valuing adherence to routine for its own sake, as it is about being flexible when presented with new facts. And it’s hard for me to not apply this to our political reality.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day. — ‘Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.’ — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.
Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance

4 Likes

Day 15 done! :white_check_mark: + 4K walk, which covered the part of the 15-min walk! :innocent:

2 Likes

Day 16 - Rest day. From the monthly challenge anyway :sweat_smile:
Enjoyed my run so much yesterday,i did it again today. Feels good to get my body moving with cardio again and not just doing weights.

3 Likes

Caught up today! Added a 2 mile walk woth my parents- were able to do sobefore heat became intense :grinning:

2 Likes

I went for a walk too, and did a tabata at home. I wasn’t in a rest day mood… strange enough! :rofl:

4 Likes