Are you affected by a loved one who’s an addict?

Thank you SO much Jazzy! :heartbeat:

2 Likes

My 21 year old son who is struggling with addiction just stopped by and asked for the title to his KLX dirtbike. I guess he’s selling it for hardly nothing for drug money. Now I’m scared he’s going to OD again because he’s not been using or using much as far as I can tell for a couple week’s. I’ve got to teach today and I’m going to try to not let this consume my entire thoughts even though I know it will. Such as sad way to start a beautiful day. I still can’t hardly understand how you go from being an AMA National champion to this life. Thank you to anyone whose listening. I just needed somewhere to put my thoughts this morning. :expressionless:

13 Likes

Stay with Jesus today to get through. Keep your faith strong. I’ll be praying :pray: :people_hugging:

1 Like

Will do. I know you’re right. Thank you SO much JB.

2 Likes

Big hugs my friend. I don’t even have words cause as a mother I can’t imagine how you wouldn’t worry or think about your son.
.I am hoping that he remains safe. Grateful that you did come here to share your thoughts and to process this as it should not be weighing solely on your shoulders. Here for you :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Oh I’m so sorry to read this SV.

Geeze I was just reading you on another thread how much we have in common. Over 4 years sober and married to an alcoholic. And we got this too :sob: My son was an alcoholic with BiPolar 1 when he was 21. Spent his 21st birthday in a psych ward. He’s recovered now.

It’s just so heartbreaking, what you are going through with your son. I can’t believe you can even get up out of bed. It’s so hard. There were days I couldn’t do anything but get up and cry :sob: especially those days my son was locked down in the psych ward. It sure brought me to my knees to god. It’s a special kind of hell I would not wish on anyone.

Have you been to Al-Anon? That’s the only thing that saved me. And there was no firehose to put out my pain and agony. It was a slow process of just being with people that understood.

You know he doesn’t want to be like this. He’s still that beautiful boy you love. Gosh I’m going to start crying. I don’t know. I’d get to an Al-Anon meeting as soon as I could. And I kept going back. They do have some specifically for parents. But for now. Just get your ass in a seat.

I’m around if you ever need to chat or pm or whatever.
I’m so sorry. Your family is going through this.
:pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes

Yeah. Yes I am. Almost all the time. Non stop affected.

1 Like

What an awful way to start your week.
Addiction sucks!!!
Sending you strength and hugs :people_hugging: :muscle:

3 Likes

Thank you SO much Jazzy

4 Likes

Thank you SO much Dazercat. So glad to hear your son is doing better. We sure do got a lot in common. I haven’t yet but I have looked at their website. Not real sure whats holding me up. I’ve got to do something because days like this it’s too much. Yes he tells me he wants to quit so bad. He just wants his life back but then keeps on using. Hopefully things will start looking up again soon.

4 Likes

Thank you SO much Lisa. It sure as :poop: does.

2 Likes

I used to date a girl who was a drug addict (IV speed) and an alcoholic. We spent weeks together for just being totally wasted from dusk till dawn. It was so destructive relationship that I’m amazed I survived from it. She had a little baby that got taken away by social workers while we were drinking and using shit. I haven’t heard from her a while but last time I checked she had moved to another country, she has a new baby and she’s not using speed anymore but drinking heavily. I truly loved her, she was so sweet, but our love story was doomed from the beginning.

7 Likes

Did you see my post above?

My daughter’s rehab forced me in to Al-Anon at family week when we found out she was addicted to heroin. I could not even say the “H” word, never mind believe I had a daughter addicted to heroin. After rehab she went out and scored. Same day. And that’s was when my life became unmanageable. She went back out the day she got home from rehab :scream::scream::scream: It took me 3 or 4 meetings before I found a group of parents that knew what I was going through. And boy was my life unmanageable. Again I have another miracle of recovery through my daughter. I’m 2 for 2 on addicts. But I’m 2 for 2 on recovery.

The 3 C’s
We didn’t Cause it
We can’t Control it
We can’t Cure it.

Big hugs to you my friend.
:pray:t2: :people_hugging: :heart:

7 Likes

Oh my goodness thank God for that! That’s great they’re both in recovery. Sometimes like today I have very little hope but I keep on thinking I know he can do this.I love the 3 C logic you posted. :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Hell
On
Planet
Earth right?

I haven’t had Hope for my wife forever.

But I got a lot of Hope in my life now. In me. And I found Hope in my meetings. Took me about a year or so before I realized I had found Hope in my meetings. But when I did realize it. It felt so good to have Hope back in my life.

When it’s your child though………
It’s so much harder. And you’re his mother.
:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

It sure is friend.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Husband is drunk and tried to pick a fight. I’m in bed.
Sometimes I dislike my husband as a drinker but tonight it is a good reminder of who I no longer am. I used to get drunk and sad. I used to be angry that my life was unchanging and that I seemed to be sliding backwards. I used to be very unhealthy and depressed.

Now, I am no longer drinking sad poison on the daily. My life right now is boring, a little self pity here for the pity party, and I won’t always be okay with that. I am okay with boring right now.

No matter how bored I get I won’t be looking at my husband with envy and wanting what he has at the moment. Alcohol sucks the life out of everything.

17 Likes

I’m sorry about your husband trying to pick a drunk fight.
It sounds like you handled it well. 🩷

I had a similar conversation with a friend of mine earlier.
I’m okay with boring now. I’d take it over the tumultuous ride with alcohol any day.

You’re doing amazing.

5 Likes

@TrustyBird I’m really sorry your having to go through this shit as you know he’s sick and knows not what he does ,just carry on keeping yourself safe .we all love you on here :kissing_heart: have a cry and congratulate you that your no longer in the madness yourself. :people_hugging: I’ll ask my higher power this morning for your serenity tonight. if It doesn’t come and you can’t sleep have a vent on here . We’ve got you :heart:

4 Likes