Atheist and Sober without god - please be respectful

That’s a good one love it!

1 Like

Same book I have there is a workbook you can download

1 Like

Cool , I didn’t know that.

Mno I’ve never thought of if that way awesome idea I think im going to use that Discovery instead of recovery I was drunk my entire adult life its hard to recover a life i never had but discover the one I should have had.

6 Likes

Jenny your not the only one with the dreams. I’ve had lots with ppl from high school even my twin sister that died 10 years ago. My wife actually gets mad that I sleep so much but im enjoying having these dreams so much I don’t want to wake up.

2 Likes

I think my brain is making up for all the blackout moments throughout my life

3 Likes

I’m thinking about starting another thread to go with this one " starting the steps as an atheist" so se can talk about and share different 12 step mothods" thoughts and opinions?

4 Likes

Yes! I’m here for it!

It’s interesting. I haven’t been into 12 stepping, too busy with psychotherapy and put off by the many appearances of god and the hp in the steps. But who knows. For now I’m happy with this thread for which I didn’t thank you yet @Compen. Thanks!

3 Likes

Your welcome and I thank everyone on here for joining in conversation and making it what it is. I feel very comfortable talking with other atheist. And for first time in my life seen so many atheist come together. I spend more time on here then I spend in a week in AA in just one day.

4 Likes

And I feel like this also works as a sponsor anytime I have thoughts my phone is in my pocket and this group at my finger tips.

4 Likes

Absolutely!

Great idea! Just know, it will…at least initially probably get a lot of feedback about having a higherpower.

1 Like

I feel joyful every time I read this thread?:smiley::blush:

4 Likes

I think my main focus will be through this group and the other as informational. I love it here! Instead of a drink I pick up my phone.

3 Likes

I second that Jay.Liza RosaCanDo your welcome here any time even if you just want to say Hi or I love my new self and everyone here!

1 Like

I must go to work now even when im moping I smile and embrace the silence of the empty store and think of all the happy customers in have helped through the day. I love life its the little things that matter. And instead of thinking about rushing home for that drink im rushing in excitement to see what I’ve missed in this group while I was gone making Money lol. Talk with y’all later.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

Hi everyone… How is sobriety going? Any struggles we can discuss today?

I guess I will start out… 16 days away from hitting 60 days. Hasn’t had any major struggles myself. And haven’t worked a single step. Starting to think I dont need the steps. Not sure what to think. It’s a beautiful day in Kansas might walk my 6 year old up to Wendy’s and get a frosty.

1 Like