AUGUST FITNESS CHALLENGE - Everyone Welcome!

Day 21 done! :white_check_mark: :ballot_box_with_check:
I still have day 20 pending… will catch up this week! 🫡

3 Likes

Day 21 :ballot_box_with_check:- changed the exercises to push-ups, hammer curls and a plank to accommodate my leg.

3 Likes

:+1:t6: I’ll be apart of this!! Something fun to do!

2 Likes

Day 22 done.

3 Likes

Day 22 done! :ballot_box_with_check: :white_check_mark: I also caught on the burpee challenge from last Friday, and managed to finish 11 rounds for the first time! :tada:
Still have to catch up day 20…

3 Likes

My “exercises” for day 22. The PT says I have a strained (maybe she said sprained) calf muscle. No working out or running for 2 weeks. I’m most likely just going to jump back in for September

5 Likes

Ohh… sorry to hear that. Take it easy then, and follow the docs advice! Get well soon, lady! :smirk:

2 Likes

I can understand your frustration. And I second what your PT told you. Rest.
I’d feel angry about my stupid body failing my goal. I’d be sad.
Maybe try some yoga. It can be very challenging as well.
I hope you recover quickly. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hey all, haven’t been on the forum for a while but all is well. Just been super busy with my move and cleaning our old place. Plus some dramas from my big kids to deal with. Looking forward to some normality returning after this weekend so I’ll join back in with whatever September challenges you guys plan to do xx

3 Likes

Oh bugger! Time to pull out a jigsaw puzzle :slightly_smiling_face: mine survived our move thank god :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You get me :heart: I’m so mad at my body! I stretch it and it gets rest sometimes :thinking: and I only expect it to preform at peek conditions a few times a week :joy:
I have an upper body workout planned for this morning. I’ve never been a fan of one body part workouts but it’s better than nothing. I’ll check out yoga. I’ve heard really good things about adriane (not sure if that’s how to spell her name)

Thank you @Astro and @Jesile Will do my best at resting. I’m really terrible at it lol

@Becsta I just finished one :joy: I have a few more waiting in the wings so once I get her adhesives on there I can move it and start another. I’m so happy yours survived the move! I was a tad bit concerned

4 Likes

Well, I personally am not an Adrienne adept bit then I am also German. :see_no_evil: Maybe look for something Anusara style or Ashtanga. Anusara is very correct and exact and can be very demanding. The same is for Ashtanga which follows a distinct series of asanas but can be very frustrating in the beginning.
Most I see now is vinyasa classes. They are focused on a flow not static.
You can also do 108 sun salutations :innocent:

1 Like

Day 23 done after cycling. :hot_face:

2 Likes

Lol so was I! I had it balancing on my lap while I made a friend drive very slowly to the new house (1km) away :joy:

2 Likes

Whoops I ended up completely forgetting about the August challenge! :woman_facepalming:t2: but as of Thursday I’ll be 12 weeks post op and I should be good to go for any September challenges with hopefully little to no modifications this time.
:crossed_fingers:t3:

3 Likes

Hey Becsta! We missed you!!! It’s good to read that the move is almost behind you! I would have loved to see how you moved that puzzle! :sweat_smile:

Today I’m trying to decide if moving the yard is considering resting :joy: I mean it’s not running or working out :thinking:

4 Likes

I was going to catch up today on yesterday, but I got up at 6:00 am, and didn’t get much sleep… :exploding_head: I’m too lazy, and gonna take the rest day! :innocent: Grounded once again!

3 Likes

Almost 4h MTB is mine. Try to catch up today :see_no_evil::grimacing:

2 Likes

Day 26 done after workout and before killing the punching ball. This is so good

Didn’t we have a challenge for that once upon a time :crazy_face:

Congratulations on your 11 months Jen @Runningfree
I hope your calf is getting better. I think the worst is the jumping, running part.

5 Likes