AUGUST FITNESS CHALLENGE - Everyone Welcome!

I honestly don’t feel it today. I’ll take my rest day today. I was waiting for a feeling to be felt and it’s sadness and blahhh.

3 Likes

I always do it bare footed. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Yeah I don’t on a mat. Actually it’s an very old isolating matress. I have no clue how someone could sleep on this. I am spoiled. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I agree with the shoes. Tried the burpee challenge without once, but I’m not comfortable. I used to go to a gym where shoes were not allowed! One of the reasons I left after a few months was the shoe thing! Box jumps and rope skipping without shoes, what the heck?? 🫣 Absolutely hated it, and had lots of pain… (ankles, heel, calves)

2 Likes

I’m with you, I’ll swap the rest day, and tomorrow I’ll do the challenge + burpee challenge. Tomorrow it’s gonna be a burpee day! :rofl:
I hope that blah feeling passes soon! New chapter coming up for you! :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you :sunflower: I know I will push through. I always do. The same procedure as every move, James. :roll_eyes:

Maybe I should give shoes a chance. Give shoes a chance… I have no fitness shoes. I only have running shoes or hiking shoes or cycling shoes. I bought some cheap shoes for the gym when I still went to the gym but they suck. I lack stability and feel like swimming in them.

3 Likes

Mine are from Decathlon, 35€ and I’m very happy with them! I used to be 100% Nike, but the ones I have now are just fine!

1 Like

Maybe I’ll have a look there when I am home. In 3 weeks or so.

Congratulations on your 19 days. I like reading your check ins. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Step by step! :footprints: I said I would check-in daily for accountability, therefore so shall it be! :rofl: I bet more than one person must be bored stiff of my daily BS, but I’m doing this for myself! 🫣 :blush:

3 Likes

I’m taking the rest day today and will wait until Saturday to do our burpee challenge. My calf is feeling decent but a tiny bit still sore. Another foam roll this afternoon and a muscle rub later. I have to light a candle for the hubs because he hates the smell. Makes it into a fancy experience for me I suppose lol

The shoe debate- Some days I don’t wear shoes but I have a mat. I went to do the burpee challenge one day though and my toes hit the concrete instead of the mat. Was not fun and I went and got some shoes. For me, the movements determine shoes or naw

3 Likes

I caught up on day 12 (finally) and day 18. Chained them together. The transition from high knees to burpees was the worst. But honestly if you’d ask me a year ago to decide between squat jumps and 100 km cycling I would have said: cycling without a blink. Bc squat jumps are tooo :scream:

I also did self-care and had 30 sec between each set. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Day 18 done! :white_check_mark: :ballot_box_with_check:
Finally no burpee challenge today… my lower back hurts a bit, and the 30 something burpees from the “normal” challenge were enough for today!

4 Likes

Sorry I fell off the wagon guys but this month got super busy for me. Still doing my daily walks but sadly I couldn’t keep up on here. I hope to join next month.

5 Likes

Join us again, whenever you feel comfortable! It will be nice to have you back! :blush:

4 Likes

I’m taking another rest day. I plan to make a full workout out of the last 2 days and the burpee challenge. I feel like it will be a good ass kicking. Thinking I shall do the burpees first

3 Likes

Did some version of day 20 after my workout.
Day 2 without caffeine and optimistically I was upright 4 hrs yesterday.

3 Likes

Day 18 and 20 :ballot_box_with_check:- think I might try to go see my PT about my calf :expressionless::frowning:

3 Likes

You’re grounded!! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’m skipping today too… and I’m NOT away for the weekend… just tired today! So I’m grounded too! 🫣

2 Likes

Day 21 done after cycling. Not doing well without caffeine. I better stay away from anything that involves other people.

2 Likes