AUGUST FITNESS CHALLENGE - Everyone Welcome!

The first round I held at the bottom and that was gonna get rough but holding in high plank felt too easy. I’ve never done a push up so slow. It would be hard doing the low hold for more than a few rounds (for me)
@Becsta hope all is well :heart:

4 Likes

Same here!! :raising_hand_woman:t3:

1 Like

Yea, that’s what I figured it was. That’s how the virtual trainers I workout with do it. I think if high plank works for people we should stick with that. Holding down there gets pretty difficult

3 Likes

Ok, so I did get it right, but after round 1, I had enough! There was no way I could have done all 8 rounds! I just did normal push-ups on my knees the other 7 rounds

2 Likes

Hey @Astro @Runningfree @Jesile
Missing the challenge and you guys :cry:
Moving in 2 days and it’s hectic and exhausting!!! I’m so over it!!

I also had to go away over the weekend as my son and his best friend are the support band for Amy Shark on her tour in our state :partying_face::partying_face: First time they’ve performed on stage and they are absolutely killing it. My son is the DJ and his best friend does vocals. So we drove to go see one of their shows, the mumma pride is strong - my son has had years of mental health struggles and to see the boys up on that stage was so emotional. They have both worked so hard to get to where they are and it looks like they’re doing so well, its going to lead to some very big and exciting things in the near future!

I’m hoping to get back on here more consistently over the weekend/next week xx

5 Likes

Appreciate it, thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Day 16 done. Still need to catch up on day 12.

3 Likes

Day 16- my calf is still very tight and sore. Made for some interesting jumping jacks

3 Likes

How cool is that, I can imagine your really proud of your son! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Good luck with moving, last time I had to move is 2,5 years ago, don’t miss it at all! Moving is an effin nightmare! :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

I’m skipping today, or catching up tomorrow better said. Just finished cooking my lunch for tomorrow, clock is heading to 9:00 pm already, and I’m too lazy for push-ups and squats right now! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Day 17 :ballot_box_with_check: Tried for a run this morning. Did a bit under a mile before deciding my calf needs another day or two of rest :triumph::expressionless: it’s not as sore but it’s also not ready to run multiple miles.

Have a good day guys :blush:

@Becsta I wish you well in your move. I hate moving!! Did you finish the puzzle?

3 Likes

Nooooo I haven’t had time to look at it! It will be precariously balanced on my daughters lap tomorrow when we move :sweat_smile: i seriously think I will cry if it breaks and I have to start over :rofl:

3 Likes

i’ll jump in! it’s a little late in the game- but i’ll give it a try

4 Likes

Oh yay welcome!!! I’ve been super busy organising for my move tomorrow so have missed about a week, hoping to get back into it over the weekend :ok_hand: great to have you join us all :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 17 form after workout.

I wish you a smooth move tomorrow @Becsta
And that your calf will be better soon @Runningfree

3 Likes

Thanks :blush: I think this is one of those times where I just need to scrap any workout plans for the next few days and give my body a full on just stretching and foam rolling rest. As much as I want to run and do my scheduled workouts, I also know I need to not make it worse.

Thank you as well @Astro for the well wishes.

I’m scared for your puzzle @Becsta :joy:

2 Likes

Good girl. We have to listen what our body is telling us and when he is screaming we finally listen. :see_no_evil::zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Lol right. I think my body already told me once with the swelling episode. I guess this is warning number 2

2 Likes

I was thinking if you maybe also stress about having to function in order to get to your half marathon in autumn. If you’d have still time to catch up and be fit. I remember that this is a stressful situation. Still, I think if it’s not this one there will be plenty of other possibilities. And your health is always more important in the long run especially when you are already dealing with some knee problems.

This is not an advice only what came into my mind.

2 Likes

Day 16 and 17 done! :white_check_mark::ballot_box_with_check::blush:

4 Likes