Back again, gotta be done

I relapsed again and I really want today to be sober and start again but all I can think about is running to the shop to buy booze

1 Like

Sounds like you need something to occupy your mind, that and eat a ton of food

Not just me then

Actually, that was meant mostly in jest

1 Like

I have a friendship that is definitely changing and may not survive my decision to not drink. When we don’t drink, it’s reminding them of their need to. They make the comments, not us. It says more about them. Stay strong, true friendships will evolve for the better. Hey, our healthy changes may even inspire someone else. At the end of the day, we are only accountable to ourselves. People are selfish by nature. Hang in there!

3 Likes

Yes! It’s driving me crazy. It’s a sign that we need to cope better with our thoughts and feelings about our circumstances. I’m reading about the think, feel, act cycle and how we can work on changing our thoughts about a situation that is causing our feelings that lead to the urge to drink. If we can stop it in It’s tracks and change the course of our thoughts then we can manage our emotions better, feel better and reduce our urges. It’s not as easy as it sounds and it’s a lot of work, but I’m finding it helpful and not just with drinking, with daily situations that would stress me out. Anyway, just wanted to share. Hang in there. Have a good day!

3 Likes

Day 3 and I did NOT have two shots for breakfast or my usual wine leftovers from the night before. I was in a trigger environment/routine and survived almost comfortably.

7 Likes

17 days today, feeling pretty tempted today to be honest, my wife is going out for drinks with friends (she rarely drinks, like once our twice a month), I’m staying at home with our 3 year old… I’m not going to, I’m choosing not to, but it keeps coming into my head

4 Likes

Good morning,

Love this thread you guys have going. Very inspiring. There’s a daily check in one that’s been around for a while way before I even found this community. Lots of people with long term sobriety and early sobriety in case you guys like to come have a read and share. Congratulations on all your milestones guys.

Here’s the link

Checking in daily to maintain focus #46

2 Likes

You hanging in there still? Want to see you reach 18 days!

2 Likes

Well done! You did great. Small victories add up

2 Likes

End of day 17 in 3 hours for me. Still going strong.
Looking forward to a 65km canoe trip on the Orange River between South Africa and Namibia next weekend. Sleeping riverside and camping as we make progress down the river. Yay!
Have a blessed weekend, everyone.

8 Likes

Yeah, all good thanks

1 Like

That sounds awesome, was actually over in Walvis Bay a good few years ago

1 Like

Missed posting but 18 days yesterday, still here

1 Like

I’m about to go to bed, I’m sorry… day 1… back on it tomorrow, I don’t have a good reason why I did, I’ve had so many days that I wanted to and said no, no, no… to be honest with all of you, I’d decided I was before I even got home… at the time it did make me feel good, now it doesn’t and I know tomorrow it won’t and I’ll regret it, when I say I’m sorry it is to you all, but honestly, mostly to myself, I’m sorry

2 Likes

I’m impressed with your accountability and honesty. I live around a few people who continually and constantly lie about being sober and nothing irritates me more. So, youve got a major asset in your willingness and ability to be honest about it. I’m sure you’ve got a lot of self assessment to do, I’m pulling for you.

1 Like

How many days today?

Checking in - day 27 and checking how you are doing @bobnonotreally ?

1 Like

Sometimes I want just one glass of wine. I know that one glass will turn into 4 in the blink of an eye.