Back on the wagon; my introduction

Hey Guys and gals, Josh here, based out in California.
Been ripping and running the last three years a little about myself, I’m 28 been in and out of the program since I was 19 I have 6/7 years away from heroin which is an absolute blessing…all my using friends are dead. I have a year away from meth this month and my main struggles recently have been kratom(3 year habit) and marijuana (4 year habit when I moved out here with six months I just wanted to “experience legal weed” for 1 year…ended up taking a huge grip on me lasting 4x my plan. I’m sick of it. I don’t even get high anymore and the feeling of needing kratom or I’ll be sick has become too much to bear as I have a loving girlfriend and family and I just can’t hide that anymore from them.
I’m nearing 48 hours and I know it will be Much easier by week two. I haven’t done any meetings or called any of my old sponsors and it’s been a rough couple days because of work and because of the insomnia that comes with sobriety. Just looking for some support and kind words, I wanted to introduce myself yesterday but I’m very much introverted and a borderline hermit still living at home with the family. Looking to make friends and start building a support group.
Ready to live life, ready to choose consciousness over fear, ready to show up for life and accept the human experience/condition.
This time I really want to do this for me, nobody is pressuring me or giving me an ultimatum or anything. I’ve finally decided enough is enough and I want to make it to thirty without this nasty problem hovering over my soul.
I want to be what this world needs and what God made me for. Sometimes it’s hard for us to have hope, if anyone out there is struggling just one more day one more minute we got this,
Much love and good energies,
-Joshua

Also very nice to meet you guys and I find when my cravings are the hardest I scroll through all these posts…immensely helpful.

8 Likes

Glad to hear that your ready to get back to living. Great to see you here great place to be when trying to remain clean/sober. I can relate to breaking the ties with other seemingly harder drugs, only to be still stuck in the chains with addiction. For me it never mattered what i was using as long as it was changing my perception on life. Been through the gutter and the dirt an easily can be right back down in it. Best thing for me is just to avoid reaching for that 1st drug, pill point or line doesnt matter just to avoid it at all cost. Pick up the phone and use that to pass the urge talk to someone who can help, it gets rough sometimes but with support we all can make it through the day sober. Good to have you along for the ride Josh

3 Likes

Thanks man appreciate the reply, you’re actually the guy who’s posts I’ve read the most and found helpful since lurking. Nice to meet you and thank you I will give them a call already reached out to the church group I know AA and the steps are where the real answers lie though.

1 Like

Welcome Josh! I’m glad you stepped out from behind the curtain, I know it’s a risk sometimes.

Even the AA program includes tips and tricks for getting and staying sober (you might take a look at the Living Sober book), and here’s some offerings from the forum.

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey.

2 Likes

Welcome and congratulations on your sobriety. You are here for a reason! God isn’t finished with you! I am in recovery from heroin and meth so I can relate, hope the withdrawal process isn’t too hard for you.
Once you beat it, which you are already doing, you don’t ever have to go back to active addiction again. How cool is that? :smiley: one day at a time

2 Likes

Hi Josh and welcome to this place! I’m glad you found us. I’m sure you can conquer these remaining addictions, you’ve already proven your capabilities with that in the past! Have a good read around here and post as much as you like. It’ll take some time, but you get to know ppl, and it can be a great assert to have this forum in your pocket. :wink:
All the best on your continued journey!

2 Likes

Welcome Joshua!! This is a safe, judgement free zone. You can count on this community for support and great tips.