❤️ Best AA sayings

6 Likes

Meeting Makers make it

2 Likes

if your not sure whether to go to AA or not just remember the door swings both ways so what you got to lose apart from your drink.

3 Likes

When the pain of change becomes less than the pain of staying the same, then we will begin to grow and embrace sobriety.

9 Likes

Today for me it’s a tie up between “aa is like a wheel, it’s always moving. Get close to the hub of the wheel of aa and you’re far less likely to be flung off”. And, “the shape of aa is a triangle, the three sides represent recovery unity and service, what does your shape look like?”

1 Like

This isn’t actually a saying but it comes from the AA 12 and 12 book. The first step 2 meeting I went to I audibly gasped when this was read.

Like so many people I was hung up on this “higher power” part. I don’t NOT believe in God but I definitely didn’t think of myself as a believer in God. How was I going to find my higher power to guide me through the journey. But I realized I was focusing too much on what a higher power WAS (aka God) instead of focusing on what a higher power DOES. I started saying the prayers, focusing on the overall message rather than on the “God”…it was like I was praying to myself instead. They became a mantra. And suddenly they started to have true meaning to me. I found myself guided by my higher power (even though I still don’t know what they hell that is!!).

6 Likes

A higher power of my own non-understanding :wink:

2 Likes

I still have no idea what “of my understanding” is. I tried to figure it out but in the end I left it as undefined.

2 Likes

I don’t do something bad every time I drink, but every time I’ve done something bad I’ve been drinking :tumbler_glass:

17 Likes

“It is a spiritual axiom that every time we are disturbed, no matter what the cause, there is something wrong with us” - 12 & 12 p 90

7 Likes

Just for today. EGO easing god out.

1 Like

It isn’t easy, but it sure is simple.

6 Likes

Today my favourite aa saying is, “don’t quit before the miracles happen.”

5 Likes

Today my favourite saying is just for today.

1 Like

Live, and let live.
Heard this a couple months back and it reminds me everyday to just breathe if people test me.

2 Likes

“Don’t fuck it up”

2 Likes

Nick, this tea is shit

6 Likes

A simple programme that works if u work it. X

3 Likes

I always liked
It’s a simple program for complicated people

8 Likes

Lol yes that’s a great one . My old sponsor used to say us addicts are the worst to complicate the programme!!! X

2 Likes