Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

I’m not sure if I’ve ever met Satan head on, and I’ve certainly not set out to worship him intentionally, but I have experienced the force of his destruction, deceit, wickedness and greed through the company I have kept, and thankfully I realised it and kept my guard up at all times and caught him in action to be able to fight him off, and fight I most certainly did. These serpents had me at my witts end, and clearly saw me as a threat which they tried to kill off through their lies and actions.

I have no doubt he is real and he walks amongst us and we must remain vigilant.

When we face insurmountable challenges, we can turn to the all-powerful Creator God. His strength and renewal can help us face our fears and do the impossible.

A lot of the views of what the devil looks like (horned demon with hooves) comes from the descriptions of hell by Dante Alighieri. The Catholic church adopted a lot of his imagery because they realized that fear of hell increased church attendance.

In addition to that, do Angels actually have bird wings? I think not.

1And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— 3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. 4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved (Ephesians - 1:1-5)

Was reading in the Book of Mormon today. Thought this scripture was inspired for us.

Mosiah 7:33
But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.

1 Like

That’s not a passive aggressive scripture reference was it? :thinking:

“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” 1 John 4:8

I like this quote because it can be applied to anything that we struggle with. Love requires action and fear dominates our mental powers that keep us stuck. By feeding and exercising the love, fear absolves and peace remains.

2 Likes

Today’s Gospel

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 7,1-8.14-15.21-23.
When the Pharisees with some scribes who had come from Jerusalem gathered around Jesus,
they observed that some of his disciples ate their meals with unclean, that is, unwashed, hands.
(For the Pharisees and, in fact, all Jews, do not eat without carefully washing their hands, keeping the tradition of the elders.
And on coming from the marketplace they do not eat without purifying themselves. And there are many other things that they have traditionally observed, the purification of cups and jugs and kettles and beds.)
So the Pharisees and scribes questioned him, “Why do your disciples not follow the tradition of the elders but instead eat a meal with unclean hands?”
He responded, “Well did Isaiah prophesy about you hypocrites, as it is written: ‘This people honors me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me;
In vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines human precepts.’
You disregard God’s commandment but cling to human tradition.”
He summoned the crowd again and said to them, “Hear me, all of you, and understand.
Nothing that enters one from outside can defile that person; but the things that come out from within are what defile.”
From within people, from their hearts, come evil thoughts, unchastity, theft, murder,
adultery, greed, malice, deceit, licentiousness, envy, blasphemy, arrogance, folly.
All these evils come from within and they defile."

2 Likes

Same here in my local chaple. The homily was then about the work we do for others seeking nothing but God’s grace in return.

Extremely tough weekend, had the kids since Thursday and I’ve been stressed out of my tiny little mind.

Staying strong though - first week finishes tomorrow.

2 Likes

Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

Proverbs 20:1 KJV

5 Likes

Has the Caddy Daddy returned? I was just thinking how I missed your preach. Welcome back :grinning: @anon31131955

Here’s one for you -

Psalm 121

1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

Another:

John 15:4

Remain in me, as I remain in you, says the Lord;
whoever remains in me will bear much fruit.

3 Likes

4 Likes

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Romans 1:16-25

1 Like

There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked.

Isa 48:22

I think some people are just horrible people and part of their suffering is they will never be able to get sober. Reprobate souls that will never find the freedom they seek.

5 Likes

This was part of my morning reading and it just really clicked with me that I have been letting my sinful nature control me when I drink. That leads to nowhere good.

7 Likes

That part of Romans is very powerful. My favorite verse is in Romans “I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out” Romans 7:18

1 Like

Amen…I pray

2 Likes

Needed all of this today as I am back to day one. Again. :pensive:

4 Likes

Clinging to this passage this morning! Honor God with my body & to not conform to this world!

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:1‭-‬2 NIV

4 Likes