Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

He sure does. I have a helluva God story from last week where I was about to do something stupid and he intervened before it got really stupid, I don’t really have any other explanation of the timing etc except for God.

I felt like it was my HP intervening and preventing me from causing regrets and resentments and we all know what they can lead to. Thankfully nothing bad happened and I’m in a better frame of mind but it was a big lesson for me and I had to sit down and work through where my head was at, sorry for being vague.

2 Likes

I was raised on this verse. :heart_eyes: It’s one of my favorites.

3 Likes

I believe there are thousands of miracles happening around me daily. Most of which, I’m unaware. Though the closer my conscience contact with God, the more visible & tangible these moments of divine intervention become.

:raised_hands:

2 Likes

Proverbs 15:1 “a gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word provokes anger.”

3 Likes

That sounds like exactly like drunk David right there.

1 Like

@C-sun I have an amazing article about pride. It was given in one of my church’s General Conferences, as a matter of fact.

1 Like

Ain’t that the truth! Society is getting so crazy. I am so irritated by all the “inclusive” churches that are trying to pander to the masses by basically throwing concerts every Sunday. Where the preacher will have an entire sermon on why people need to pay their tithes, but he’s buying a boat (#priestcraft). I could go on. I’ll end the rant though…

My type of pride is the bad pride according to the Bible. @C-sun

1 Like
1 Like

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober-minded; be watchful. For your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion seeking all for whom to devour.

Not sure if this was posted in this thread before, but my last quit attempt a year ago, this was my mantra for 40 days before i relapsed. It has been a year since then, and i havent had a single sober day since falling back into the trap laid for me by the roaring lion himself. I am weak but I can resist if I can simply find my way back to God. I love you all, and this app, and I hope to post here more than this first one.

Love what you are all doing. God bless

3 Likes

God’s been waiting on you. All you have to do is talk to Him.

2 Likes

This makes me imagine God as a thug, rolling through the neighborhood of the unjust with a Tec-9, ready to make it sing.

God definitely doesn’t put up with his children’s crap! Yeah, of course he loves us. That’s why he punishes us.

Honestly, God looks at death different than us. It’s not a big deal to him, just another step in our eternal journey. So, our death is not really as impactful as we feel. I’m sure he still mourns with those that mourn, but only because they’re experiencing sorrow. He doesn’t have the same sorrow as them.

2 Likes

My favorite is Matthew 16:26
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the world and loses his own soul?

1 Like

Whoo! What a reflief! J/k No bad blood here!

2 Likes

10:35 Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to him. “Teacher,” they said, “we want you to do for us whatever we ask.” 36 “What do you want me to do for you?” he asked. 37 They replied, “Let one of us sit at your right and the other at your left in your glory.” 38 “You don’t know what you are asking,” Jesus said. “Can you drink the cup I drink or be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with?” 39 “We can,” they answered. Jesus said to them, “You will drink the cup I drink and be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with, 40 but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared.”

I like this right here.

JOHN 2:18:25 From whatever angle you look at this, with faith or without, there is a great message for the direction and the choices we make in life and very relevant to me today.

I read this almost everyday for about a year, when I was trying to bounce back from a bad DUI

Romans 5:3-5
3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.