Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

I had a friend who went to Utah valley university in Orem. I know the state and you peculiarities pretty well…lol :laughing:

Lol! I’ve had several friends go to UVU. Good school as well!

I know. I asked you about your sober baby a few days ago but it must have gotten lost in the mix. 37 weeks.

Olives. Mmmmm. I want olives.

Almost there! How many do you have? Are you so stoked?

Was it on the cuteness thread? I never got a notification.

It is my 3rd. I am excited. I wish the circumstances were different but it is what it is.

I started my college career at the University of Wyoming. We were rivals back then. I think we tore down the goalpost when we beat you in 2003 or 2004. You guys normally stomped us so it was a big deal.

I must have missed the question with all the additional content! Sorry! We are less excited about this one. I feel guilty about that, but I’m still excited. My wife and I make pretty good looking kids, so how bad could this one be?

Haha! I’m totally fine with that. Don’t even follow sports.

A line up of towheads. :grin:

The next will probably be the same!

So, your circumstances with your pregnancy aren’t ideal? I guess I missed the thread where you went through it.

Oh, its everywhere in chunks. I have been active here since before my pregnancy. The long and short of the story is that before I got sober I collected a felony child neglect charge for having my son in the car for my only DUI. My boyfriend at the time watched a lot of the worst part of my addiction follow that charge and subsequent custody cases as I lost both of my kids and struggled to get them back. I got my girl back. The relationship suffered but wouldn’t end. I couldn’t take responsibility to end it would be more accurate probably, but whatever. We were on the rocks big time as I came up on 6 months sober after years of fighting for any real sober time. I refused to answer his phone calls or texts. One day he drove to my house as I happened to be walking home so I couldn’t not answer the door or pretend I didn’t see him. He looked worried. The way I used to drink, if I had relapsed, I could have fallen in the shower with my kid in there slowly starving or something. I assumed he was pissed because I was. It tugged my heart strings a little too much. He talked. We more than talked. The next day I decided to be proactive in fact checking some things I knew were lies, even though I wanted to believe them in the moment they were said. We didn’t speak again until I told him about the baby when I found out about it. He assumed this was something I planned and I was upset because I didn’t pick the day he showed up and I can’t ovulate at will. I am not a perfect follower of my faith. I only got baptised in 2015 but he knows I go to church and how I feel about abortion yet he pushed on that hard despite an agreement before we became intimate that abortion is not a choice for my mistakes. Anyhow, we haven’t spoken since Sept. I thought I had made better choices but I am 37 having a baby under the circumstances of a stupid teenager. It is all very humiliating although no one in my life through AA or my church judges me. I just feel stupid I fell for some of what he fed me. It was all so amature but I ate it up.

Oh man. I’m so sorry! Sometimes life just falls apart around you. I think that the mistakes we make end up turning out for our good. This baby might be the greatest thing to ever happen to you. I don’t know.

Psalm 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

This is not a Bible verse but I even loved it when I was not convinced of God back then:

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
“Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You’d walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don’t understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me.”

He whispered, “My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you.”

:green_heart:

Footsteps is a great poem! Used to have a bookmark with it on it.

@Kakimime1 here it is. You can read through and find what speaks to you

Thanks😔
You’re nice.

You’re welcome;I try

Thank you :gift_heart: