Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

Let not your heart be troubled

So, I was at 2 AA meetings tonight. On the chalk board of one had a verse. I don’t go to this meeting often. I dont know if it was from the church itself from a prior function or if it is applicable through program stuff for some reason. Regardless, with a lot of what I am facing it feels very accurate and relevant. What is interesting is that there was only the first part. When I looked it up, it was a lot more.

Ephesians 6:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

One of my favorites.

Is it? I have never heard of it. I can’t think of anything else I have ever read or heard from that chapter.

“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1

Usually I live by this. I only fear the Lord who can destroy body and soul. However today I was afraid of a woman :persevere: . Kicking myself for not asking her to dinner haha.

For real? In my mind you are always super confident. :hugs:

Fluff that hair up and don’t let it happen again. The worst she could say is no. It is none of your business what she thinks of you unless she agrees to feed with you.

She works at my local bakery but it would be akward to ask her while she is working since they are always busy. Might just have to hand her my card with my number and tell her Id like to take her anywhere haha. If she doesnt call ill just get my subs else where :sweat_smile:

Hebrews 10:23-25

23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

I’d still go back. Maybe she’s too shy to call. If she isn’t interested, maybe then she’ll tell you the next time you come around. And if she turns you down, then you can find a new sub shop.

So I’m usually pretty well spoken and witty, but as soon as I’m around a girl I’m interested in I turn into an idiot. I have no idea why… If there’s a girl that I’m just friends with I have no problem talking to her, but if I develop feelings for her or I find out she likes me then I instantly turned stupid. I know there’s 0 advice in there, but maybe it will help you feel better.

Also, I’m 32 years old… WTF

Like Will Smith from Hitch. I read you loud and clear.

Dude I need me some Hitch…

As a female who is single, I appreciate being asked out for things other than eating. Just a thought, boys.

The pain is real. I hope to never have to go through the dating phase again. I did well at it in my 20’s. But, i imagine it’s a different game in your 30’s.

You rang me?

Haha I can talk to anyone BUT this girl. Shes not even like drop dead gorgeous(dont get me wrong she is very pretty), but her laugh and smile hit my soul in a way that I just become a fool. Its the type of smile and laugh you could just never get sick and would light up the darkest days. But all i can do is go daaaarrrr. Its awful haha.

Some of us are food freaks. Or like this girl, she works around food. My most dreaded thing when I like someone is that they are going to have to hear me place an order for food before I can get to know them. I am really easygoing about so much. Food just isnt one of the things. It doesn’t acuratly reflect my personality.

I can’t even get far enough to ask. I usually make some stupid joke and walk away defeated

Like a first date couples massage, or being invited to a D&D campaign, or swimming with the sharks. See? I’m full of great date ideas!

The Real Derek of Syracuse