Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

Colossians 3:23-24 King James Version (KJV)

23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

1 Like

Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Matthew 11:28-30

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Ecclesiastes 5:19

19 Moreover, when God gives someone wealth and possessions, and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy in their toil-this is a gift of God.

3 Likes

Reminder to help others on my journey

3 Likes

1 Thessalonians 5:11 (KJV)

11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

1 Like

Watch ““Arguments for Drinking Alcohol Debunked”” on YouTube

Not a verse but a great biblical sermon on why you shouldnt drink at all.

1 Like

10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Isaiah 41:10

Do not be afraid.

4 Likes

I love a topic like this. I know it’s an old thread but it looks like someone resurrected it.

Not a Bible verse but…

The blindness of human reason is so limitless and incomprehensible.
That reason cannot come to a correct understanding of faith, much less make correct judgments about life and works.

Martin Luther

1 Like

And now for my fave Bible verse.

Do you not know?
have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the Earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths will grow tired and weary,
and young men stumbled and fall;
but those who Hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40: 28-31

5 Likes

Revelation 22:12-14

King James Version

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

2 Likes

Some nice preaching from NY. Praise Jesus and get saved.

1 Like

2 Timothy 3:1-9

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their’s also was.

What better way to describe man at this time, in these last days.

3 Likes

James 2:14-17
Faith Without Works Is Dead

What does it profit, my brethren,
if someone says he has faith but does not have works?
Can faith save him?
If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food,
and one of you says to them,
“Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,”
but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body,
what does it profit?
Thus also faith by itself,
if it does not have works, is dead.

4 Likes

Habakkuk 3:19
NIV
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to tread on the heights.

6 Likes

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

6 Likes

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Matthew 7:7-11

There is no greater love than the love of God.

8 Likes

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

6 Likes

Thanks for starting this thread. There should be no shame for having Christian beliefs. My higher power is indeed our Savior Jesus Christ.

8 Likes

No shame at all. Jesus is the only way to heaven.

4 Likes