Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

6 Likes

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very worksā€™ sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 14:5-13

3 Likes

Show me your ways, O Lord,
teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love,
for they are from of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth
and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me,
for you, Lord, are good.
Psalm 25 4-7

5 Likes

Gal 4:9
But now that you have come to know God or, rather, have come to be known by God, how is it that you are turning back again to the weak and beggarly elementary things and want to slave for them over again?

ā€¦
This reminds me how hard I have worked on the AA program and how it has helped my relationship with my HP. Would I want to go back to the way I was?

8 Likes

Wow. That really is a good one. Iā€™m sticking that in my Bible quotes list. Sometimes it hard for me to stay focused when reading books Paul wrote. Or maybe this one just really hits home during my sobriety work.

2 Likes

Yeah. It hit me too. I like reading Paulā€™s wordsā€¦ he had to deal with so many problemsā€¦and he was a good example of someone who can change!

1 Like

When I said, ā€œMy foot is slipping,ā€ your unfailing love, LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.
Psalm 94: 18-19

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been using the app Remember Me. Anyone else?

I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.
Psalm 116:1-2

4 Likes

And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Job 1:7

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1 Peter 5:8

Nothing changes. In the days of Job he searched to devour. In the days of Peter he searched to devour. In these days he searches to devour. Stay sober and vigilant. God bless.

5 Likes

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Matthew 6:34

5 Likes

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Jeremiah 29:11

4 Likes

And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

Job 1:5

Job prayed for his children just in case they had sinned against God. We should also pray, and often, for the people we love for this reason(and many others). Prayer is powerful and if you dont pray for them who will?

4 Likes

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Matthew 6:7-8

As beautiful as the serenity prayer is I do not believe it should be a daily mantra and thought of as praying. A prayer should be straight from you to God. Open your heart and use your own words.

4 Likes

We gladly suffer, because we know that suffering helps us to endure.
And endurance builds character, which gives us a hope that will never disappoint us.
Romans 5

3 Likes

A great post thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing me towards that. :pray:t2::heart:

Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are tempted.
Heb 2:18

6 Likes

You used to let the different parts of your body be slaves of your evil thoughts.
But now you must make every part of your body serve God, so that you will belong completely to him.
Romans 6

6 Likes

Go and learn what the Scriptures mean when they say, ā€˜Instead of offering sacrifices to me, I want you to be merciful to others.ā€™ I didnā€™t come to invite good people to be my followers. I came to invite sinners.ā€
Matthew 9

5 Likes