Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

But we must keep going in the direction that we are now headed.
Philippians 3

4 Likes

Show me your ways, O Lord,
teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love,
for they are from of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth
and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me,
for you, Lord, are good.
Psalm 25 4-7

4 Likes

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1

2 Likes

“The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
Matthew 6:22-23

2 Likes

Why waste your money on what really isn’t food?
Why work hard for something that doesn’t satisfy?
Isaiah 55

2 Likes

In just a little while, the wicked will be no more;
though you look carefully at his place, he will not be there.
Psalm 37:10

3 Likes

Your slavery is past; your punishment is over. I, the Lord, made you pay double for your sins.”
Isaiah 40

1 Like

Children don’t have the right to demand of their parents, “What have you done to make us what we are?”
Isaiah 45

2 Likes

Proverbs 15:29
The Lord is far from the wicked,
but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

1 Like

The more you know,
the more you hurt;
the more you understand,
the more you suffer.
Ecclesiastes 1

1 Like

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.
Matthew 23:13

1 Like

A good reputation at the time of death is better than loving care at the time of birth.
Ecclesiastes 7

2 Likes

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.
Matthew 23:15

1 Like

John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

2 Likes

Mat 6:22 …
One of my favorites.

1 Like

That’s fantastic! I never heard it before. What is Habakkuk? Googling now

1 Like

Habakkuk is one of the minor prophets in the Old Testament. One of my faves. After Elijah. He cries out to God over and over again about the injustices in the world.
“I have heard all about You, Lord. I am filled with awe by Your amazing works. In this time of our deep need, help us again as You did in years gone by.”
Habakkuk 3:2

3 Likes

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Revelation 6:8

The rider: you, me, humanity
The pale horse: The body/the physical
If you are ruled only by the body–by food, lust, drugs, etc–then there is only death (us, the rider) because the body cannot go with the spirit.
And thus, if you only life for the body, that is hell because there is nothing beyond that.

3 Likes

if you break down a wall, a snake might bite you.
Ecclesiastes 10

1 Like

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.
Matthew 23:23-24

1 Like