Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

What exactly does that mean? Like a little faith goes a long way?

Its more about how a little bit of corruption can spread throughout a whole church or doctrine. Also how a little sin can spread to more sin. Usually when its used in the bible its a negative meaning.

Hmm. That is kind of terrifying.

Yea it makes me think of drinking though. How just that one slip of a sip can ruin your whole life.

Yeah! Fuck that stuff. It will rot what is left of my soul for sure. Kind of weird how I found God while drunk. I am fairly sure I wouldn’t have bought into it if I hadn’t been drunk because logic usually wins with me. It is hard for sober me to accept it if I hadn’t carried it into sobriety from before I got there. He works in mysterious ways.

He sure does. I have a helluva God story from last week where I was about to do something stupid and he intervened before it got really stupid, I don’t really have any other explanation of the timing etc except for God.

I felt like it was my HP intervening and preventing me from causing regrets and resentments and we all know what they can lead to. Thankfully nothing bad happened and I’m in a better frame of mind but it was a big lesson for me and I had to sit down and work through where my head was at, sorry for being vague.

It’s ok to be vague. I generally am when people ask how I went through life for 34 years not believing to change my mind seemingly at random. I feel like people will think I am crazy. My church family says it is important to share testimony yet I still can’t bring myself to utter it. Even to my church family. Seriously, only myself and the 2 pastors at my church know. I am so thankful they didn’t laugh me out of the room.

I was raised on this verse. :heart_eyes: It’s one of my favorites.

I believe there are thousands of miracles happening around me daily. Most of which, I’m unaware. Though the closer my conscience contact with God, the more visible & tangible these moments of divine intervention become.

"25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another."

Galatians 5:25-26 KJV

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:” Ephesians 2:8

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Ephesians 6:12

:raised_hands:

22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Proverbs 1:22-23 KJV

1 Peter 3:17-18 King James Version (KJV)

17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Proverbs 15:1 “a gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word provokes anger.”

“The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.”

Proverbs 13:4

“Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake.”

Luke 6:22

" These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

Proverbs 6:16-19

That sounds like exactly like drunk David right there.