Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

“Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.” Romans 13:13.

Thank you for pointing out the 40 days and 40 nights. That’s a great reminder that we can accomplish temptation as well as Jesus did. :grin:

Clothe yourselves with the full armor of God so that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. For this reason, take up the full armor of God so that you may be able to stand your ground on the evil day, and having done everything, to stand. Stand firm therefore, by fastening the belt of truth around your waist, by putting on the breastplate of righteousness, by fitting your feet with the preparation that comes from the good news of peace, and in all of this, by taking up the shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Ephesians 6:11‭-‬17 NET
https://bible.com/bible/107/eph.6.11-17.NET

That’s the verse that came to mind first…God bless you my brother!!!

Halleluyah!!! Praise the Lord my Sista!!!

Praise the Lord Sista!!!

Yay!!! Praise the Lord!!! Amen!!!:smiley:

Psalm 121King James Version (KJV)

121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

King James Version (KJV)

Amen brother love every word of the KJV!

“Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go: Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul.” Proverbs 22:24,25

When I first got sober I cut a lot of negative people out of my life. Even if you dont notice it they slowly rub off on you. Surround yourself with wise, good, and true people. God bless.

Those indeed are words of wisdom…Praise the Lord!!!

I don’t mean this in a rude way, but I’m getting an image of you guys shouting “praise the Lord” in a way we’d see on an American Religious documentary here in the UK.

@NewPerspective…it’s okay to ask…I always like saying it when I think and consider how God is faithful towards me despite the stuff that may be around and what I am going through…when I say it, it’s like I feel so wonderful cause I just realised God’s greatness in scripture and in my life and it helps me feel that I am professing positivity and transformation in my life. I realise God’s greatness so much and so I praise Him. I get by in this way, when I recognise it. I just have to do it…:smiley::grin:

In baptist churches youll hear a lot of “Amen” being said when the pastor says something strong that you really feel.

I like it, UK/Ireland church systems are quite regimented, it can zapp the fun and interest out of faith for people. I say that with very limited experience but would say it’s societies view as Church attendance figures are at all time lows.

Haha yea i stay pretty quiet at mine but theres one guy who sits in the back and yells amen i love it haha. Even on the online sermons ill hear him and i know its him

And i definitley know what you mean about church attendance at an all time low my city was voted the least godly area in America. No one here goes to church or loves God.

Yes, I hear you. I actually grew up in a Church system that never really did that. I’m Adventist and the system, depending on where you go, is regiment just as you have experienced. However, I’ve had my own personal experience with God and I have also been with a couple of Pentecostal’s hence I have learnt this way of doing things. It’s wonderful. Even so, I still do love the conservative nature upheld by my Church system. I however think it is wonderful to freely express gratitude towards His, as He leads you…:laughing:It’s sad to note that there’s a low time Church attendance in many places…even so, we can be salt and light wherever we are…people will be drawn by God’s power working in our lives and transforming us. It will be seen in our character…we will be just like Jesus…I truly yearn to be this way everyday…:smiley:

You do my friend :grinning:

I might go to Church tomorrow, I go to Catholic Church if I go as that’s how I was raised so it’s more of a comfort thing. I don’t agree with all of the doctrine though, but it’s a good time out.

“Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.” Matthew 6:1,2.

I just love this one. It annoys me when people run around telling everyone about some kind thing they did.