Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

This was helpful atm. I’m sober as and by is high and having a drink. I try to remember what God wants for me. Try to remember how I don’t need the crutch. But it can be so hard.

1 Corinthians 10:13
The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

3 Likes

I totally believe in spiritual warfare especially of the mind. The devil is sneaky.

3 Likes

2 Likes

“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” 2 Cor. 12:9

3 Likes

I love your Bible versus but I dislike this one and not sure how it is linked to recovery.

Sexual orientation is definitely not a choice, trust me, I battled it for a long time and if I could have made it go away I most certainly would have.

I am in a faithful, committed relationship with another man, I respect women too much to force myself in to a relationship where their whole life would be based on my lies, I’m sure God wouldn’t want that either. At 34 I am only now really able to be proud of myself and my guilt and shame contributed a lot to my drinking.

Not a bible quote but here’s a quote on how I feel about it:

“I’m sure God didn’t put us on this earth to be sad or to create fear and confusion, so there’s one thought I’ve had, he made us all, Black or white, straight or gay, love thy neighbour he said, and he made us this way”

1 Like

Yup so very true and it’s so simple

I read a Proverb every day. It’s a “how too” for life, even if you aren’t a believer. Too much wisdom to deny. 31 Proverbs means there’s one for each day. Almost like God had a plan or something.

3 Likes

Mid-trib here.

Yeah…I figure since there’s going to be much evangelizing during the tribulation, someone has to be around to do it. Also, since the Spirit uses the Church (the body of believers) to get things done, someone has to be here to ease the suffering of others. If everyone is “raptured”, who will be here to do this? Of course, those who will not face the wrath, will be taken up first. Thus, my belief in Mid-Tribulation rapture. If the pre-trib folks are right, great. I prepare for at least some hard times.

Proverbs 27:12 The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.

Absolutely love the Bible verses that always lift up my spirit and reminds me daily that everything is in God’s hands. It is such a comforting feeling. Thou will be done.

1 Like

I truly believe God will provide many witnesses. He is the God of repentance. The old testament is the go to for that. I for one would not want to be here after the rapture. :green_heart::yellow_heart::purple_heart::blue_heart:

2 Likes

Try telling my dad that. Lol (sigh)

What’s his name I will add him to my prayers. I try to keep a list. My pastor says when we pray for unbelievers we can ask God to send another believer to cross their path. They may listen to someone else.

2 Likes

My dad is a believer, actually. Which is why I find it strange that he can talk so much about God and stuff but when it comes to acting out “love”, it just doesn’t seem to add up.

1 Like

Just food for thought…where is the word “rapture” even located in the bible? I know its crazy of me, but I don’t believe in the rapture! :astonished: I believe the presence and glory of God is going to increase on the earth until he comes back and we are changed. Way more hope and way less fear since I’ve come to the freedom of this belief. But just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

We can plead as well. Such as when Jesus was in the garden of Gethsemane, he was tormented with the task ahead, he pleaded with God. In the end Jesus accepted it was God’s will that he follow through with the crucifixion. This helps me find my courage when I am afraid of the task ahead.

3 Likes

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

3 Likes

Screenshot_2018-02-07-18-19-21_1

5 Likes

You are my strength, I watch for you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely. Psalm 59:9-10

5 Likes