Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

Proverbs 31:10 “A wife of noble character, who can find. She is worth far more than rubies”

I am thankful to be married to a true Proverbs 31 woman.

4 Likes

Psalm 144: 1 “Praise be to the Lord, My rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.”

3 Likes

The word “Passion” to describe what Jesus went through prior to his Crucifixion doesn’t appear either, but when we refer to “Christ’s Passion” we know what it means.

1 Thessalonians 4: 15-17 is where scripture references what theologians describe as “The Rapture”.

For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.
Hebrews 4:12

4 Likes

You were cleansed from your sins when you obeyed the truth, so now you must show sincere love to each other as brothers and sisters. Love each other deeply with all your heart.
1 Peter 1:22

3 Likes

He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.
Ephesians 1:7 NLT
I generally opt for KJV, but I liked the way the NLT put this one

4 Likes

Ephesians 4.

2 Likes

Hi Dan – Don’t have any bible verses to share, however, I’m reading this awesome book by Carl Lentz called Own the Moment. He’s a Christian Pastor. I’m not really religious at all but it is a great, relatable book.

1 Like

Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Hebrews 7:25 NIV

3 Likes

I’m a King James girl as well. But I do read other variations. Depending on mood and what I’m trying to understand.

3 Likes

NIV for me.

1 Like

I read it almost every day, love it even though I don’t always fully understand, it gives me something to think over. Thx for continuing to post on it.

2 Likes

I prefer a translation that was made after the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. Get back to the original texts, or as close to. However if you compare the various translations, the meaning of each passage is pretty much the same across all. It’s more a matter of style. The old testament was written in Hebrew, almost all of the new testament in Greek. I speak and read neither.

What has helped me was getting a good study bible. I got the one our faith uses in seminary. I also listen to the Daily Audio Bible podcast. It rotates which translation is used weekly. Every day there’s old and new testament readings, Psalms and Proverbs, and then a 15 or 20 minute explanation on what was read. Do it for a year and the whole bible is covered. I am on my 3rd year now.

4 Likes

John 14:27

“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

KJV

6 Likes

One believes he may eat anything, while the weak man eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who abstains, and let not him who abstains pass judgment on him who eats; for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for God is able to make him stand.

2 Likes

Unrelated, but I happen to love your new picture, lmao :rofl:

2 Likes

Saying off of a verse today …

4 Likes

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

1 Like

Usually when people use the term rapture, they’re talking about the secret rapture. Now there’s not going to be a secret rapture. It’s not going to be a secret when Jesus returns to take those who have chosen Him, home. 1 Corinthians 15:52 talks about how we’ll be changed basically in a split second. And 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 says: For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

So you can’t have all that action and expect it to be a secret. It’s going to be an amazing moment for those of us awaiting Jesus’ return to take us home. We’re just passing through this Earth, it’s not the final destination.

2 Likes