Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

I know it isn’t a bible quote, but I liked it and it made me think of this thread this morning.

I read this sitting in a jail cell in 2010. My husband had passed on 5/7/09 and I was a mess. I was already in active addiction but when he died so did part of me. I was inconsolable and went crazy. I lost everything. I was sitting on my bunk and everyone else in my pod was asleep. Something told me to pick up my bible. I just prayed that I would open it and see some sort of sign. This is exactly the passage I opened it up and saw. It affected me profoundly.

97 O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.

98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.

99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

100 I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.

101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.

102 I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me.

103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Psalm 119:97-104.

“Be ye not unequally yolked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?” 2 Corinthians 6:14.

“But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:” Mark 3:29.

Makes me think of that lost soul who blasphemed Christ earlier. God will turn his heart cold like he did to Pharaohs and he will be cast to the lake of fire in thebday of judgement.

“But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.” Matthew 10:33.

Never be ashamed of your beliefs. Ever. Amen.

“Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother’s way.” Romans 14:13.

This made me think of the troll trying to persuade people AA is a bad route. If someone likes the path they are on and it is clearly working for them dont try to make them doubt it. Be helpful to eachother not a stumblingblock to cause harm. God bless stay sober.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38,39.

So true, I’m not annoyed if people don’t like it, but to argue against it publicly and ruthlessly may make someone who needs help decide against trying and it might be the very thing that saves their life.

I don’t think he was actually trying to dissuade people from AA, I think he knew it would trigger a reaction… He seems like a deeply broken person who revels in turmoil… The things he was saying to me had nothing to do with God whatsoever, vulgar beyond belief… He should be pitied really.
To feel the need to come to a place like this and cause mayhem, could you imagine what his life is like?

“There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13.

“Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword” Matthew 10:34.

Amen.

“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Matthew 10:28.

“No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.” Matthew 6:24.

This is why I dont like millionare preachers. How can you trust a man who takes so much money in and needs a million dollar house? They are not men of God. They are wolves who love money. Thats why they never use scripture in sermons and just preach prosperity and good health. A man who serves mammon can not lead you to God. Joel Olsteen, Rodney Howard-Browne, Benny Hinn, ect. All love money more than God. You know how many lifes cpuld be helped and souls could be saved with Joel Olsteens 10.5 million dollar house? Think about it.

“Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.” Romans 12:19.

I dont believe in karma but I do believe in the Lord’s wrath.

He actually fasted for that period and Satan tempted Jesus after that,when He was at his weakest. I find it encouraging because I’ve felt pretty weak with this battle at times. And what did Jesus use in order not to succumb? He used the Word of God. So this discussion is great for us because we can use the word of God when we’re feeling low,to help us not give into the temptations

He’s a great motivational speaker. I’ll give him that. But the first time I heard him speaking about something un biblical,as if it was in the Bible,I just had to say goodbye.

Just came across this this morning. Funny how I read this in a completely new light now.

make most of life because we dont know whats round the corner and if its for you it wont go bye you my gran used to say that to us she read the bible aswell

“For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.” Romans 14:2.

Dont feel bad about loving all food. Sorry my vegan friends but I love this one :joy:.