Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

Haven’t read the whole thread; apologies if this has been done before:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with Thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7. A personal favorite, as I struggle with anxiety a lot. BTW, my search assistant on my phone apparently has this verse memorized too! :innocent::thinking:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.

Mark 10:27

I got this tattoo as a reminder of where I was and who is going to make me who I want to be.

3 Likes

Love it! :raised_hands:

Daily Bible Verse App
Ephesians 5:8
8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light.

4 Likes

James 2:14 “What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him?”

Plus the rest of the chapter. I’ve noted that you’ve talked a lot about grace in this thread. I agreed that we are unable to save ourselves and that it is only through the grace of Christ’s atonement that we are able to return to God’s presence. That being said, James was pretty clear when he said that if you don’t repent and don’t have what one might call “active” faith, you may as well be rejecting the sacrifice of our Lord.

The truth is that Christ saves us after all we can do, which is inevitably insufficient. Like a little girl who wants to buy a bike from the store and slaves away saving her pennies for weeks and months only to find that she will never be able to afford it at the rate she is saving at. Her father instead asks for her pennies, all of her love and pays for the bike himself. It’s a gift because we cannot earn it, and it free to all who are willing to continually accept it.

3 Likes

Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord relieves them all.

Not sure of the place but I believe psalms

Mine says - mightier than the waves of the see is His love for me

Resized_20180216_153303.jpg

6 Likes

*sea

Sorry I misspelled sea in my post. But don’t worry my tattoo is not misspelled lol!!

That tattoo is awesome!

1 Like

Matthew 9:22
“Rejoice, my daughter, for your faith has made you whole”

3 Likes

“1 Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2 Blessed is the man against whom the LORD counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
3 For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.
4 For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer. Selah
5 I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,” and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah
6 Therefore let everyone who is godly offer prayer to you at a time when you may be found; surely in the rush of great waters, they shall not reach him.
7 You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance. Selah
8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.” - Psalm 32:1-8

3 Likes

Let not your heart be troubled

Hebrews 10:23-25

23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

2 Likes

I’d still go back. Maybe she’s too shy to call. If she isn’t interested, maybe then she’ll tell you the next time you come around. And if she turns you down, then you can find a new sub shop.

So I’m usually pretty well spoken and witty, but as soon as I’m around a girl I’m interested in I turn into an idiot. I have no idea why… If there’s a girl that I’m just friends with I have no problem talking to her, but if I develop feelings for her or I find out she likes me then I instantly turned stupid. I know there’s 0 advice in there, but maybe it will help you feel better.

1 Like

Also, I’m 32 years old… WTF

Like Will Smith from Hitch. I read you loud and clear.

1 Like

Dude I need me some Hitch…

1 Like