Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

Anytime youd like to discuss things let me know i was an atheist for almost my whole life.

What ever you believe they are wise words and a good guide to live your life so keep reading the posts from @Mewilhoward.

I am agnostic but I read various religious books often enough, I got a lovely leather bound Bible as a gift from my best friend, it was his mother’s and he never read it so said I could have it which I thought was nice. I’m not certain of anything but I am spiritual and have faith that there’s something bigger which we can connect with. I have posted the quote below before but posting it again as it resonated with me.

The first paragraph of the book of Psalms. I found it very true:

“Happy the man who follows not the counsel of the wicked, nor walks in the way of sinners, nor sits in the company of the insolent,
But delights in the law of the LORD and meditates on his law day and night.
He is like a tree planted near running water, that yields it’s fruits in due season, and whose leaves never fade. Whatever he does, prospers.”

Amen brother I have that psalm memorized haha. I do the KJV tho. All the Psalms and Proverbs are great words of wisdom.

Thank you for scripture, God is who saved me and continues to do so. Keep it up!

“Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.” Colossians 3:2.

Do you care more about the materialistic things on Earth or the awards that await you?

He reached down from heaven and rescued me,
He drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemies,
From those who hated me and were too strong for me.
They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress, But the Lord supported me.
He led me to a place of safety;
He rescued me because He delights in me.
Psalm 18:16-19

“But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he that denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.” 1 Timothy 5:8.

Even God does not like a deadbeat dad.

I feel like I needed this right thank you!!!

Thats what its here for! God bless and stay strong!

Proverbs 23:29-35.

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7.

I completely believe some people have a demon in them. When I would talk about trying not to drink with my friend years ago we would call it “fighting the demon” as a joke. I’ve come to realize it wasn’t a joke. I was a violent and vicious man back then and unrecognizable. Begging Jesus to save me changed me drastically and I believe he destroyed that demon. Thats why I never talk about being in “recovery”. For me its over. I never want to bring the devil back into my life.

Read that article. It says it all

“For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.” 2 Thessalonians 3:10.

I have no problem helping out someone who works and just can’t make ends meet, but I won’t give anything to someone who just won’t work.

“And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.” luke 4:4.

In the NIV they leave out “but by every word of God.” Because it is a Non Inspired Version of nonsense. Get yourself a KJV.

“But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children.” Luke 23:28.

Even after being tortured and goin to the cross Jesus had pity for the unsaved. Even the worst day of your life is nothing compared to what awaits an unbeliever.

This was helpful atm. I’m sober as and by is high and having a drink. I try to remember what God wants for me. Try to remember how I don’t need the crutch. But it can be so hard.

1 Corinthians 10:13
The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

I totally believe in spiritual warfare especially of the mind. The devil is sneaky.

“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” 2 Cor. 12:9