Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

I joined a ed fb group. The number of people who also have problems drinking is noticeable. This article was just posted.

2 Likes

Hello @Aleyadaisey just want to say your doing an amazing job i always see you checking in and never got the chance to say your AMAZING :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Youā€™re right! Food will never fill those holes. You did a fantastic job of being aware and slowing down to think it through! Keep going!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a shame, it was an interesting long read (it let me read all the first time, and now it is trying to make me do a ā€œfreeā€ trial too) about bulimia when young, then drinking problems, then binge-eating. I felt a lot of similarities.

2 Likes

Day 78 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great job Jenna! Keep up the good work. :slightly_smiling_face:

Day 1 of not binging after a difficult and very bingey weekend celebrating my husbandā€™s birthday. I am starting today and making his next year around the sun - MY YEAR around the sun of not binging. Day 1. One day at a time.

6 Likes

Welcome, Christina! :blush:

Day 79 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 52 and still on the path. Iā€™ve lost 22 lbs, and Iā€™m wearing my cutest pair of jeans. The ones that I was really sad when I got too big for, but now I can wear again. Grateful.

3 Likes

Congrats on making your decision to start, Christina!! Itā€™s not easy. Weā€™re here to listen and support you!

2 Likes

Thanks! Day 1 was successful! On on to day 2!

4 Likes

Day 80 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It wasnā€™t exactly a binge, but definitely ate more than I wanted to today. I managed to jog for two ten minute intervals today, which made me feel good, then had a zoom meeting and the angle made my double chin look huge, which made me feel horrible.

2 Likes

Day 81 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 82 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 55 and still on the path. My daughter came home yesterday with a box of 60 candy bars to sell for school. Part of me wants to give her the $60 and tell her to hand the candy bars out to her friends. Keeping my abstinence is worth way more than $60. But on the other hand, that feels like the lesson for her would be compromised. She is supposed to do a little work at this. How can she be proud of her efforts in selling the candy bars, if I just hand her the cash? Thoughts?

2 Likes

What if you made a sign in sheet and she could have her friends sign if they got a candy bar? She could even do a bit of the door to door stuff, too.

2 Likes

Hi, I just want to say that I think Capricious and Rosa have great ideas for you to help with your recovery streak. Keep up the good work, you got this! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes