Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

I started my effort to cut out added sugar about a week ago. I’ve been doing quite well not buying or eating sugary sweets and snacks. But I have to admit, I went to a birthday lunch this past Friday and had already made up my mind I was going to have a piece of birthday cake…there was no cake! So I had to laugh at myself.
I’ve noticed that I do want something salty or crunchy now that I am limiting the sugar. I’ll tackle that one in the future.

7 Likes

I think anyone who is used to being in control and not ever told enough is enough hates boundaries. cos from their perspective, boundaries are just cutting into their freedom and cut them off from whatever they are getting (mostly power and access to something they need from you). there is a good old saying:
When a people-pleaser stops people-pleasing, people aren’t pleased.
Let’s see some boundary-building instead. I believe you can do it, @Aleyadaisey. :muscle:

5 Likes

Wow, I am so sorry that happened to you. Holding safe space for you today :pray:t4:

4 Likes

Thanks y’all. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Day 0. Chocolate binging. Almost half box

4 Likes

Day 2 no binge or added sugars
I managed to get veggies in 3 meals too!

4 Likes

Tomorrow is another day. You got this

3 Likes

Day 913 : No binge today. :smiling_face: I managed to set boundaries with my brother successfully, he says he will try to just hand me snacks instead when he decides he wants to share, although he may find it hard to remember.
Day 249 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Don’t give up. It will be hard at first, but you will get there. You got this.

3 Likes

Day 1. Tempted with chips

6 Likes

Day 914 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 250 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

I have a friend whose brother used to throw cheese chunks at her while she was in a cardboard box. ( Cardboard box kind of a kid’s fort or play house )

It traumatized her. She’s never eaten cheese since. She had three children and was always careful to include cheese in their meals although she’s never eaten it herself.

2 Likes

That’s horrible, so sorry that happened to your friend. Brothers can be bullies sometimes and it’s definitely not ok. I hope your friend’s brother got a stern talking to. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

No sugar day 2
Mini binge on sugar free chocolate. The sugar alcohol is killing my stomach. Lesson learned lol

5 Likes

Day 915 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 251 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 1 after attacking furiously a fuul box of chocolates :sob:

2 Likes

Day 916 : No binge today. We got a new puppy, I will post the picture for anyone who wants to see it. Her name is Belle and her breed is a black mouth/mountain cur.

:smiling_face:
Day 252 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

She’s adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

5th day of no sugar. It’s getting easier little by little
Day 2 no binge.

6 Likes