Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Day 4. No binging with food.

5 Likes

Day 922 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 258 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Congratulations and keep up the good work! Iā€™m on my third day of not overeating. Iā€™ve always turned to food for comfort, so this is big progress for me. We got this!

4 Likes

Day 5 of no binging of food but I feel hungry and anxious

6 Likes

Would you like to share whatā€™s on your mind? We will try our best to help. :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Day 923 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 259 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

@Aleyadaisey 6 days of not binging.
My mind is wandering about the things I have to do and how much I am procrastinating and I try to fill this void with food at the end of the day. I imagine myself eating fast food

5 Likes

Day 924 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 260 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing. I can totally relate to the procrastinating part, it makes me feel useless if I am not doing something. Then things pile up and I feel like I will never finish. Unfortunately I donā€™t have any advice. But sending you strength. Hopefully other people on this thread can chime in. :blue_heart:

6 Likes

For procrastinating I make a list. Of everything.
Needs. Wants. Whatever needs to be done.

Then I look at my list and star things that are most important, and if itā€™s something I really just donā€™t want to do, Iā€™ll pick something I want to be a reward for doing the needed task.
For example, If I do a chore i am not a fan of (like folding the clothes :sweat_smile:) I can grab a treat when I grocery shop. like the fancy salad mix or a pack of gluten free muffins :yum:

Sorry for the food related exampleā€¦ I most of the time reward myself with a few minutes of silence or a nap. Because that is what I want most these days :sweat_smile: but that doesnā€™t sound like much ā€œfunā€

5 Likes

After some time Iā€™m again writting here. I lately have one issue and will share it here because itā€™s somehow connected to binge.

Welp, Iā€™m lately a lot avoiding food and I eat only snacks. Iā€™m worried I will soon or later binge. Does anyone have any tips how to not binge if it will come?
Iā€™m as well avoiding food possibly because of negative emotions I have lately.

5 Likes

Hey Aleya, first of all congratulations on your progress! I read this thread quite often, and I admire your progress! I will start checking in on this thread regularly, because my ED has been an issue for the past 25 years (binging / bulimia). Yesterday I reset my counter for alcohol, and I kind of ā€œcame cleanā€ on the checkin thread about that. I had become to live a lie again, and I have lifted such a weight from my shoulders. The only thing is, every time I manage to get some sober time together (I did 7 months and 4 months in the past 18 months) my eating gets out of hand. It seems that I always need something to decompressā€¦ 3 months ago I started a weight loss journey, and I was doing fine (eating round 1500 -1600 kcal per day of healthy food and at least one hour of exercise per day). Iā€™ve lost 7 KG so far (still 20 more need to goā€¦ :roll_eyes: - which is all the weight I gained in 3 years from my excessive drinking). I am determined to quit the drinking, today Iā€™m on day 2 free of booze and binging. But I need some extra tools to get my ED under control. I did tell my therapist about it, but clearly he is not an expert on this subject, so that wasnā€™t too much of a help. Iā€™m currently reading a book on the subject (from Lindsey Hall and Leigh Cohn) and I want to check in here daily.
It took me a lot to actually write on this thread, so thatā€™s another weight lifted from my shoulders! Feeling better already! Thanks for reading! :muscle:t2:

7 Likes

Checking in on day 2
No binge, no booze, no cigarettes!
I made some pasta for dinner, which was delicious and I ate with no regret! :muscle:t2:

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story and thank you for congratulating me. I hope you can get support from other people here as well since you struggle with alcohol too. Youā€™re not alone, you got this. I hope to see you check in often so we can see you progress too. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 925 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 261 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hi Aleya, thanks for the feedback. Today has been tricky. Alcohol didnā€™t really cross my mind. But I couldnā€™t stop thinking about food. I finally managed to distract myself, but in general that stressed me out, or caused me anxiety half of my day! :weary: I finally had a chicken salad for dinner! Anywayā€¦ day 3 OTB, even though the day has been stressful at some point.

4 Likes

@Aleyadaisey and @Scorpn thank you so much for your words. Today I am back to day 0 after binging with sweets and fast food in the night :nauseated_face:

7 Likes

Iā€™m back to square one as well, but itā€™s okay. Weā€™ve got this. We just have to take things one step at a time.

6 Likes

I had to start fresh for the second time for my overeating. Iā€™ve turned to food for comfort for most of my life and it will always be the biggest challenge for me. I refuse to beat myself up and Iā€™m going to take this one step at a time.

7 Likes

@Sissychris39 wise words. Thank you. And letā€™s do better this time

6 Likes