Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

This is absolutely 100% true!

3 Likes

A simple calculation of how much water you should drink is your weight in pounds divided by two. Drink that many ounces of water a day. They say really it should be one and a half times half of your weight. For instance if you weigh 100 pounds divide that by two and you have 50. So You should have at least 50 ounces of water a day. Now theyā€™re saying that really you should have say 75 ounces of water a day especially if itā€™s hot. Regardless your urine
should be mostly very light yellow to clear. If itā€™s any thing darker than that then you need more water. Also be careful not to over drink because then you can cause another problem. If youā€™re out hiking for instance and are worried about getting dehydrated and are drinking a lot of water be sure and eat salted chips and nuts along with the water so you donā€™t get too much water.
But congratulations for paying attention to how much water youā€™re drinking.

6 Likes

I tried intermittent fasting once, and it wasnā€™t for me (16/8). If I go to bed hungry, or go to work hungry, Iā€™m not a nice person! :rofl: Never tried it again.
Funny enough overall I eat healthy, I cook all the time, no processed foods, except when I have a shortcut in my head and decide I should go on a binge. But heyā€¦ Iā€™m working on that one! Kicking off day 7! :call_me_hand:t2:

6 Likes

Just checking in to say I love seeing this thread so active! Very nice! Keep going everyone! :zap:

8 Likes

In my case that means I should drink 2,75L per day! :scream::exploding_head: Iā€™m proud and glad if I make it to 1,5-2 per day! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Looks like you hit it right on the mark!
It depends on a lot. You can count in foods that have a high water content
This hospital is well respected in the US.

3 Likes

I do eat quite a lot of food with high water content daily (lettuce, cucumber)ā€¦ maybe Iā€™m not too far away from reaching my goal after all.
Iā€™ve gotten addicted to a new beverage this summer; 1,5 L water bottle, fresh peppermint leaves, 1 squeezed lemon and some stevia. Served ice cold, delicious!! :lemon::herb:

5 Likes

So, here I am back to square oneā€¦ I went out for dinner with a friend. I did fine, just ate half of my pizza cause I was just fine with that amount, and I wanted to try one of their desserts. Stupid of me to take the other half of the pizza home with me (I knew that was a bad idea from the beginning, my friend insisted cause she doesnā€™t know about my ED - so no bad intentions there) Once I got home I ate it, and felt sorry afterwardsā€¦ :roll_eyes: The bad thing is, I donā€™t know what triggered meā€¦ the evening was very nice, warm summer night, having dinner out at a patio, under palm trees. Anywayā€¦ lots of work to do here! :unamused::persevere:

7 Likes

Day 2 not binging with food. Chocolate was tempting

6 Likes

@Aleyadaisey you are right. Fasting is always triggering but I tried softly. Just one meal

4 Likes

Day 930 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 266 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Very good, Iā€™m so proud of you!

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Did you try visiting a dentist? Maybe thereā€™s a way how to make your teeth whiter and healthier?
I fortunately didnā€™t got to the stage of yellow teeth. Although theyā€™re not the whitest eitherā€¦ But I have them weakā€¦ :smirk:
As well as @Aleyadaisey ,I have problems with acid reflux and digesting because of bulimia. I used to be bloated a lot, but that got better.

Yeah, bulimia is :poop:. Not worth it. Didnā€™t even ever get me where I wanted to be with my bodyā€¦
Iā€™m glad that Iā€™m out of that cycle and also for you, that youā€™re here with us not purging anymore :blush:

5 Likes

I know these triggers. The best is to make a decission.
I bet that when you were deciding if you should take the half pizza with you back home, you already kinda knew what your intentions are. You kinda knew that the binge will happened. But you ignored it, because you decided to deal with it when the time comes. But when the time comes, itā€™s so automatic, almost uncontrolable. You just go and do it! No deep thoughts, not decission making, just the action and sometimes regret afterwardsā€¦

The best is to acknowledge the first thoughts and concerns which you perhaps already had in the restaurant. Itā€™s good to be aware about the small voice in your head and face it. Listen to it.

I donā€™t think the solution was not to take the pizza home. I think it was to address your concerns and made the conscious decission not to eat it. But save it for the other day.

From whatever reason, making decissions like this is helping to me. If I donā€™t do it, I will sometimes binge. But lately I eat enough during the day, so I donā€™t have as much urge of binging laterā€¦ :blush:

6 Likes

Hi Jana, thanks for taking the time to reply. Yeah, I guess the moment I finished, I already new what was gonna happen at home afterwardsā€¦ I guess I need to learn to listen to that voice. What pisses me off most that there wasnā€™t a reason, I had a good day, no real stress factors. Well, back on track and working on myself again. Iā€™ll finish my book on ED today. :pray:t2:

5 Likes

I hope sharing here will help. I had hoped to reach a certain weight before my trip back to the UK. I have done that, and so thought that reaching my goal would make me happy and more comfortable around food. It is the opposite I literally have nervous feelings in my stomach panicking about what if I eat too much and put the weight on again. We went to Costco yesterday and I overate a little on bread rolls etc. My weight was up a kg and I nearly cried. I know logically that it is probably not body fat, just temporary carbohydrates in my digestive system, but I just hate it. I tried to restrict at lunch and then binged, not too much, but I felt out of control. I know that the way forward is to keep eating normally.

10 Likes

There doesnā€™t always need to be a reason like stress, bad day or anxiety. Having a perfect day wonā€™t secure you not binging at the end of it Iā€™m afraid. Itā€™s important to eat enough during the day and give yourself the needed nutritions to give yourself the best chance not to binge.
For me, binging was a habbit. A way how I relaxed. I got used to binging every evening in front of the telly. And when I wanted to stop doing this I found it really hard! I had to stop watching TV in the evening for some time to get rid of this habbit. So it didnā€™t really matter to me how my day went, if it was good, bad, perfect or disaster, Iā€™d binge regardless.
I still binge sometimes. But itā€™s much less often and on much less portions. I always end up binging if I didnā€™t eat enough during the day and to know this really helps.

5 Likes

Oh no. Throw the weight scale to the bin! It tells you literally nothing about your body and fitness. I didnā€™t weight myself for years and Iā€™m much happier!!
You should really enjoy yourself and your food when you decide to have it. Itā€™s the worse to eat something and than feel guilty about it. Give yourself a bit of freedom :blush:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s so sad about the fucking one kg and the scales. :sob: I think it shows so clearly that itā€™s not about a number, but itā€™s an emotional issue how we feel! I couldnā€™t agree more w @Jana1988! Fuck the numbers. Make a connection w your body that goes beyond the weight. That has nothing to do with the weight. Maybe pleasurebale experiences like being in water, being massaged, if you like any of those (I donā€™t :-/ ) or idk, anyhting physical you enjoy. Buying something nice for yourself and looking good can also be it. Maybe dancing. Anything.
I donā€™t wanna be a broken record but the one thing that helped me get over the weight and body shame issues most (other than exiting my relationship) was to develop a relationship w my body based on function and consciousness. Using my body intentionally in the sport I do.
I had not weighed myself since before sobriety at my gpā€™s who needed to give me a certificate that my depression wasnā€™t physiologically founded, so I could start psychoanalysis. I remember the number being up then from my before end stage drinking time, and I felt fat, even before I stepped on the scales. I stepped on the same scales again two days ago when I was in for a migraine. Number is up again. I feel good and the happiest Iā€™ve been in my body my entire life. This is to do only w the relationship I built w my body. Which is not calorie and not weight and not food focused. Thatā€™s not to say I donā€™t think about my body and what goes in and how it looks. But I no longer obsess over it, not nearly as much! Even on days now when Iā€™m insecure and donā€™t feel good or whatever, donā€™t feel attractive or have body dysmorphia again, which still happens, I fall back onto a foundation of liking and accepting of myself, I donā€™t tear myself apart. I can stand the bad days now.

You can get there, Flo. Iā€™m sorry for the pain you have rn and the anxiety about gaining the weight back. I think itā€™s great you lost it and feel better about that. Maybe time to add another tool to your self body image tool box.

Have you thought about how maybe expectations connected w your UK trip might be making the body issues worse? That would 100% be the case for me. It would be a nightmare before trips, I still avoid trips.

Sending you love and understanding and self compassion. :heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

You mean going back to see my sister who is three / four sizes smaller than me and a high level rock climber and my ā€˜honest to a faultā€™ brother who points out how much larger I am than my sister, and how his mates all fancied her when they were younger, how much older I look after having kids, etc.
Nah, no connection at all. :joy:

5 Likes