Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Very good :+1::blush:

3 Likes

Day 938 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 274 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement. I’m going to try to go to bed early and phone free tonight. I don’t know why I’m scared to lay there with my thoughts. I do have a few guided meditation apps I have used in the past. They just seem to not be working as well these days because my brain is my enemy. I arranged for an AA friend to come meet me and walk together tomorrow morning. We’re going at 6:15. Hopefully that will help. I’ll do a check in in the morning.

5 Likes

I failed. Ate birthday cake at midnight. Still don’t exactly know how I rationalized that. I did get up early and go for a walk this morning. I know when I exercise I eat better. And sleep better. So hopefully it will help me rest tonight. I didn’t sleep well last night either.

6 Likes

Sorry to read that you had a midnight binge.
Though it’s good to read that you know what activities (e.g. walking) makes you feel better, put those into practice more often! Also try to find new activities that you sincerely enjoy, and do them regularly!
My thoughts drifted to buying (insane amounts of) food a few times today, but I finally didn’t, so I’m happy about that! I tried to keep myself busy with other things I enjoy doing; I went to the pool, to the gym, and for a long walk this morning, and I’m also halfway through my Stephen King book, things are getting nasty in it! :joy: And all that with 35C! :hot_face::rofl:

6 Likes

Day 939 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 275 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

I used to eat midnight snacks every night but stopped for a bit. The past month I’ve gone back to my old habits and I’m having a hard time stopping. Any suggestions?

4 Likes

Day 5: no grazing

4 Likes

I wish I could give you some advice but personally that’s not a problem I have. I always have my dinner round 8:00-9:00 pm and I try to eat enough so I’m not hungry the rest of the evening. I also brush my teeth after that, that kind of gives me the feeling “I’m done for today, no more eating”. How did you stop the last time? What changes did you make in your evening habits?

4 Likes

I kind of trained my brain to stop eating after 10pm and would have water instead. I know I can do this but for some reason I feel stuck.

2 Likes

I know it can be hard as fuck, our brain plays so many tricks on us, it’s so powerful. Maybe check in here when you crave? We’re in different time zones, otherwise I would be happy to respond immediately!

3 Likes

Thank you so much, I would really appreciate that.

4 Likes

Just keep checking in, and I’ll do the same! I’ve been doing fine the last 5 days! Happy about that! Hang in there!! :muscle:t2:

4 Likes

Will do, sounds good. Congratulations on day 5!

5 Likes

Thanks Sheena, let’s stay connected, we can do this! :blush:

3 Likes

Most definitely! :+1:

4 Likes

What time zones are you ladies in? I’m in US CDT and battle those late night cravings too. Doesn’t matter how much I eat for dinner, how late I eat dinner, how early I go to bed, I can brush my teeth - but then tell myself I can always brush them again, and I just lose my mind at night. Would love to connect with you @Sissychris39 and @Jesile

5 Likes

I’m in the US EST. I’d like to connect with you too. @Jesile

3 Likes

@crystalclear @Jesile Please feel free to message me at anytime.

3 Likes

Day 940 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 276 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

6 Likes