Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Great job, Jesile! Keep up the good work! :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Belle has a very interesting coat. I’d like to see more of her when you post.I would like to see more of her when you post

2 Likes

I’ve been doing the same thing for about two weeks and it’s making a difference on the scales. I first started cutting “added” sugar and sweets and then I moved to not eating after 10 PM. Even though I would feel bloated, I still wanted to eat.

3 Likes

Good morning, I live in Spain, so I’m always a few hours ahead of you guys! But I log on several times per day! How did the evening go Sheena?

5 Likes

Morning! I live in the US EST. I relapsed by grazing :pensive:

3 Likes

Less than 1 day.

I was taking a shower and suddenly I was thinking to myself, “I’m not doing as much hard work as I should be, but I’m walking 13,000 steps a day, I go for 30 minute walks every morning, I drink 64 ounces of fluid a day and I watch my portions. I’m doing almost everything right but this grazing is holding me back.”

Then I stopped everything and said to myself, “The grazing is not holding me back. I’M holding me back.” I basically had a revelation. I have to be held accountable for my actions. I need to have more love, respect and discipline for myself in order to be successful and happy.

7 Likes

I feel very much identified with your post! So very true! Congratulations that you had that revelation, I hope it helps you move onward in your journey! :clap:t2::clap:t2: Feeling happy for you! :muscle:t2:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your encouragement!

3 Likes

Keep us posted!! I didn’t binge, but I was hungry all day! :roll_eyes: Not real hunger, I guess it was more in my head. I had an apple and a “gazpacho” between my meals, luckily I decided for healthy options!

3 Likes

I totally understand where you are coming from. I get like that a lot. I think it’s called head hunger.

3 Likes

I’m working hard on distinguishing between the two! And resisting the temptation to eat, just because! :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Day 941: No binge today. I am so proud of you all for continuing to support each other. You guys are doing amazing work. Keep it up! :smiling_face:
Day 277 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hey guys.
I had more sweets yesterday, than I’m comfortable with. But it was my b’day and I ‘knew’ it’s going to happen. When I say ‘I knew’, I mean, I was sure I’m going to eat loads of sweets, because it will be there, available in front of my nose. Now, I also knew I could do something about it. I didn’t have to only have this thought that I know what’s going to happen and be scared and feel powerless to do anything about it. The trueth is the opposit. Because ‘I already knew’ my triggers, I could as well work on it and do something about it.
But it required too much mental effort, and so like many of us, I too have chosen the easier way of giving in.
I was good. There definitely were years when I was worse and ate like a crazy person who’s never seen sweets ever before :rofl: I had the eating slightly moderated but ate still more than I’d like to. However - it was my birthday :crazy_face: Nah, I don’t think it’s a good excuse. In my opinion, it should be the opposite - a new start, but I decided to just accept that I ate lots of sugar and not to think about it too much anymore as it’s not constructive and helpful.
So from now on, today is a new day and I didn’t gain 10kg since yesterday, so I’m all safe to eat normally today, without restrictions based on my yesterday’s action.

Love to you all! Have a lovely Thursday :four_leaf_clover:

8 Likes

Happy belated bday wishes Jana!!:tada::tada:
Very impressed with your cardio routines,
Have a great Sober year ahead!! :person_in_lotus_position::+1::heart::pray:

6 Likes

This is so true!

Reset my counter this morning.

The things that need to change? I don’t currently have the courage to change them. I want results without doing the work.

7 Likes

I completely get it. I mean, who doesn’t want results without working? But working on it pays off in the long run. And hitting the reset button is okay. I hit it three or four times. I don’t beat myself up for it because that will just make me turn to food. You can do this!

5 Likes

Happy birthday Jana!! :partying_face: You ate more than usual, but it was a special occasion, and it doesn’t sound to me that you do this regularly… so don’t think too much about it. I hope you had a great day!

3 Likes

Yep, been there, done that… :roll_eyes: But just like @Sissychris39 said, as long as you keep working on it, you’re on the right path!

4 Likes

Holidays and birthdays are tricky, that’s for sure. Happy birthday by the way! During those days I try to just have a little bit of everything (only eat until full/satiated, like a normal meal). Easier said than done, but it’s not impossible. You got this. But don’t beat yourself up, you deserve a good birthday. And many more good birthdays in the future. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I totally missed your comment about our dog. I definitely can send more pics of her soon. When she isn’t in hyper mode of course. She likes to play and bother our other pets. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes