Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Welcome!! You absolutely CAN do it. One day at a time. I’ve found that I’ve replaced alcohol with food and that’s really no better. I’m at risk of diabetes, stroke and am slowly killing myself with food. It has to stop.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome back :slight_smile: so far ive done well today (but its only 9am here lol). I exercised and am having my cold brew coffee now. Will have a protein smoothie for lunch and a healthy well portioned supper later today. If i feel snacky, im going to be asking myself if im actually hungry or not. Bcuz often times Im not even hungry when i eat. If i am hungry, ill choose something healthy to snack on. Im really going to be focused today on what i am putting into my body. Ill try to avoid sugary items bcuz that just triggers cravings. Will check in at the end of the day with how my day went :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Today I went grocery shopping and had this strong desire to buy all the shitty food in the world, and make a “party” at home. While I was at the supermarket I thought of what I posted this morning, and finally didn’t buy anything “bad”… Having my tuna salad for dinner in a bit! Damn…. So wish those thoughts wouldn’t come up!! :exploding_head:

5 Likes

Nice job Sheena! Keep up the good work! :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 949 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 285 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thank you, congratulations on your hard work as well!

3 Likes

Thanks so much, and you’re welcome! :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 950 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 286 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

I literally just hit the rest button. It seems like I always start grazing around the 10 day milestone. I refuse to give up. It’s going to be a hard, lifelong battle that may take decades to beat, but I WILL beat this!

5 Likes

I hit the reset button for grazing a few minutes ago. It seems like I always relapse around the ten day milestone. I know it’s going to be a battle that might take decades to defeat, but I WILL win!!!

6 Likes

Im sorry to read this, Sheena! Do you know what triggered you? Or was it just the approaching milestone, or that time of the day where cravings hit? I’ve been doing really fine lately, but I know I’m just one trigger away from a relapse! :sweat: Congratulations on not giving up!! :muscle:t2:

3 Likes

Thank you. I think it could have been because it’s near a milestone. I almost relapsed on pills last week and my 2 year milestone is August 1. I hear it’s very common to relapse around milestones.

3 Likes

I guess when you reach a milestone, you kind of relax, think you’ve got this under control… I did 7 months sober, relapsed… then 4 months sober, then relapsed… and now I’m working again on sobriety since a month… I’m so glad you didn’t relapse on pills! 2 years is amazing! Please keep hanging in there!! :hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

Thank you so much, I appreciate it!

2 Likes

Day 951 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 287 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

First of all, amazing job not relapsing on pills! 2 years is fantastic! Here’s praying you make it to 3 years and beyond! As for your relapsing on grazing, don’t give up. You’ll get there eventually, I believe in you. :muscle::smiling_face:

3 Likes

So yesterday I was home with my kids all day. I joined then in a few sweet treats in the afternoon, with as little guilt as I could, and no hidden extra binging afterwards.

7 Likes

Thank you for your words of encouragement! I appreciate you!

3 Likes

Wow great work! Thats not easy to overcome. Proud of you Jesile!

4 Likes

Day 952 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 288 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

6 Likes